- Best advice for those trying to find their way in commercial real estate or brick and mortar, as well as, the best strategies for effective networking.
- The difference between good and great retailers.
- What is happening with big box? Major headlines and what do they mean.
Chris Ressa joined DLC Management Corp. in 2007. As Senior Vice President of Leasing, Mr. Ressa oversees leasing operations. During his tenure at DLC, his leadership has led to the successful repositioning of assets. His most notable leasing transactions have included TJX, Ross Dress for Less, Burlington Coat Factory, Dick’s Sporting Goods, The Kroger Company, Best Buy, Toys “R” Us, and Planet Fitness. Mr. Ressa received a BA in Economics from Rutgers University in 2005. He received his CLS (Certified Leasing Specialist) in 2010 and, in December 2012, became a member of the ICSC CLS Committee. His career started at The Sherwin-Williams Company as a Real Estate Manager handling the real estate for district/regional offices. Where he handled existing store renewals and new stores. He also worked for Ashkenazy Acquisitions as a Regional Leasing Manager where he was responsible for all leases in a portfolio of approximately 3.5 million square feet.
- 0:00 – How Chris’ wrestling coach lead him to a position at Sherman Williams
- 1:16 – Tech at your disposal “The intersection of Tech and Mortar was just scratching the surface.”
- 4:12 – Advice Chris would give his younger self.
- 5:23 – How did he know that real estate was a passion of his?
- 7:09 – The greatest tool in the industry
- 10:32 – Tips and best strategies for networking
- 14:43 – Importance of speaking in terms that people will understand
- 17:43 – Chris’ advice to new brokers
- 20:31 – The difference between good and great retailers
- 22:42 – What fundamentals is tech having the biggest impact on today?
- 25:50 – Susceptible to embrace technology?
- 26:52 – Examples of tech changes in real estate
- 29:26 – What does Chris see happening with big box?
- 29:36 – Rapid Fire Questions