Who We Are:
We are a growing, best-in-class team of real estate entrepreneurs. At DLC, we strongly believe in Entrepreneurial Citizenship. We are here to succeed, but we know that the most significant rewards demand that every teammate works together to help one another. Each role is critical, but we accomplish far more by helping each other as a team than acting as individuals. We are looking for new teammates who are:
- Genuine – You are self-confident, but you don’t have an ego. You act with integrity, and you treat everyone around you with respect. You celebrate your team’s collective wins over your own, and you recognize the contributions and successes of your teammates.
- Agile – You move quickly, easily, and flexibly in response to changing situations and the needs of your clients and teammates. You are first in line to facilitate the needed changes when a problem can be improved.
- Curious – You are innately curious with a strong desire to learn and know. You always take the time to ask thoughtful questions because you constantly want to achieve more.
- Resilient – You overcome and quickly bounce back from setbacks. You help your teammates get back on track when knocked down, and you learn from and welcome similar help from those around you.
- Unstoppable – You welcome challenges and do not give up when a situation looks bleak or unsolvable. You know there are critical times when the only way to achieve optimal results is by committing to and taking the necessary extra steps.
Founded in 1991, DLC is one of the nation’s preeminent privately held owners, operators, and managers of open-air shopping centers. Our portfolio includes over 17 million square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions. In addition, we manage over 100 owned entities, run a 3rd party services business, and own a general contractor affiliate.
DLC Management Corp. is a six-time certified Great Place to Work. This designation was granted based on teammate feedback and placed us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus, and our employees are the most essential asset to the Company. Recruiting, developing, and retaining great talent is vital to any leadership position within the firm.
Renovo Construction is DLC’s affiliated General Contractor. Currently, Renovo executes and completes $30,000,000 in internal “captive” projects annually. The business plan is to grow Renovo into a $100,000,000 per year General Contractor executing projects both internal to DLC and for external clients.
About The Role - Superintendent:
We are currently on the hunt for a Superintendent based in Ithaca, NY to join Renovo Construction, a DLC-affiliated company and handle the following:
- Manage the implementation of the project documents with the subcontractors
- Manage and maintain the quality control of the work on-site
- Manage the day-to-day on-site construction with oversite of our Subcontractors, Vendors and Laborers
- Plan, oversee and maintain site safety (OSHA requirements) and site organization. (Site cleanliness and organization of project documents, materials, tools and subcontractor equipment)
- Create and update the 2-week look ahead every week.
- Collaborate with the PM Team to identify and maintain the critical path schedule.
- Maintain daily communication with the subcontractor’s on-site management
- Setup and maintain a clean and organized site office
- Organize, conduct and report on weekly Subcontractor meetings (Discuss schedule, coordination of work between subs, scopes of work and quality control)
- Collaborate with and provide support for the PM team before, during and after the weekly client project meetings
- Update the Procore daily report with site photos, manpower, safety reports, etc…
- Coordinate the subcontractor’s work schedule and ensure they follow the schedule daily.
- Conduct weekly on-site safety meetings and toolbox talks
- Maintain daily communication with the Project Management Team
- Coordinate deliveries of materials and provide oversite and protection of the materials onsite.
- Communicate RFIs to the PM team
- Collaborate on the management of Submittals and samples. Maintain organization of the on-site submittals, samples, and mock-ups
- Review changes in scope with the subcontractors to provide support for the PM Team.
- You must be the first one onsite and the last one to leave.
Our Next Superintendent Has:
- Minimum of 5 years of construction supervisory experience in commercial construction
- Experience estimating for retail real estate/shopping centers
- Advanced knowledge of associated trades including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, drywall, finish trades, layout, etc.
- The ability to read and interpret drawings, contracts and specifications
- Knowledge of safety regulations and enforcement of such
- Experience scheduling work, materials, manpower, subcontractors and equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Prior experience with scheduling software a plus
- Ability to travel
- Self-sufficient with a strong sense of urgency and able to prioritize
- Advanced to expert Excel & Estimating software skills, intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office, MS Project, Adobe Acrobat Pro, etc.