Are you a spreadsheet superhero waiting to unleash your inner numbers ninja? Do you like working across departments and with people as much as you like crunching numbers? Commercial real estate is an exciting place to advance your accounting career and here at DLC everyone counts. Be audit you can be and apply to be our next Staff Accountant today!
DLC is proud to be certified as a Great Place to Work and is driven by a strong culture and entrepreneurial foundation. DLC is one of the nation's leading owners and operators of open-air retail shopping centers and has expertise in all facets of commercial real estate. At DLC our teammates make all the difference and we offer industry-leading training and career development to assure your success.
About the Role:
As a Senior Accountant with DLC, you will handle the following:
- Prepare monthly income tax and GAAP based financial statements with analysis of actual to budget variances
- Prepare monthly property reports encompassing data from Legal, Construction and Operations teams
- Responsible for lender debt compliance
- Oversee billing and collection of tenant rents
- Provide support in the resolution of tenant billing inquiries with Legal team
- Operating account, mortgage and escrow reconciliations on assigned properties
- Maintain the general ledgers on assigned asset
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets
- Collaborate with outside auditors to complete annual audits and tax returns
- Prepare year end CAM and Real Estate Tax escalation calculations and billings
- Special projects as required: due diligence on acquisitions, property set-up on acquisitions, new property software programs, etc.
What We Offer:
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Year-end discretionary bonus
- 401k + company match
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Hybrid Work Model
- 20+ annual PTO days
- 11+ paid Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Industry-leading training
- Open door policy
- Industry Trade Shows and Event Access
- Mentorship Program
Our Next Senior Accountant Has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2-4 years of accounting experience. Public accounting experience a plus!
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage tight deadlines
- Organized and reliable with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators, and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.