Careers at DLC
Director of Construction Management
Who We Are:
We are a growing, best-in-class team of real estate entrepreneurs. At DLC, we strongly believe in Entrepreneurial Citizenship. We are here to succeed, but we know that the most significant rewards demand that every teammate works together to help one another. Each role is critical, but we accomplish far more by helping each other as a team than acting as individuals. We are looking for new teammates who are:
- Genuine – You are self-confident, but you don’t have an ego. You act with integrity, and you treat everyone around you with respect. You celebrate your team’s collective wins over your own, and you recognize the contributions and successes of your teammates.
- Agile – You move quickly, easily, and flexibly in response to changing situations and the needs of your clients and teammates. You are first in line to facilitate the needed changes when a problem can be improved.
- Curious – You are innately curious with a strong desire to learn and know. You always take the time to ask thoughtful questions because you constantly want to achieve more.
- Resilient – You overcome and quickly bounce back from setbacks. You help your teammates get back on track when knocked down, and you learn from and welcome similar help from those around you.
- Unstoppable – You welcome challenges and do not give up when a situation looks bleak or unsolvable. You know there are critical times when the only way to achieve optimal results is by committing to and taking the necessary extra steps.
Founded in 1991, DLC is one of the nation’s preeminent privately held owners, operators, and managers of open-air shopping centers. Our portfolio includes over 17 million square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions. In addition, we manage over 100 owned entities, run a 3rd party services business, and own a general contractor affiliate.
DLC Management Corp. is a six-time certified Great Place to Work. This designation was granted based on teammate feedback and placed us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus, and our employees are the most essential asset to the Company. Recruiting, developing, and retaining great talent is vital to any leadership position within the firm.
About The Role:
We are currently on the hunt for a Director of Construction to join our Construction Management team. This role will lead all of our ongoing construction projects across our portfolio. We are looking for someone highly collaborative and professional with strong interpersonal skills, someone who thrives at building solid relationships based on trust and respect, and someone who will be additive to the strong culture we’ve made.
- Lead and develop Project Managers with varying levels of experience and skill sets
- Contribute to the development and implementation of best-in-class departmental policies and procedures to maximize performance and productivity
- Perform weekly project reviews of active construction projects- evaluate project schedule, budget, and performance to DLC’s standards
- Establish and maintain relationships with existing and new tenants
- Foster and enhance existing and new relationships with architects, engineers, general contractors, and sub-contractors
- Work with internal departments (Leasing, Property Management, Asset Management, and Legal) to ensure that all jobs are below budget and ahead of schedule
- Partner with internal teams and teammates (Legal, Leasing, Property Management, Asset Management, and Transactions) to contribute to DLC’s overall goals
Our Next Director of Construction Has:
- Passion for leading, managing, and developing a team
- Highly motivated, service-oriented self-starter with an outstanding work ethic
- Unquestioned integrity and reputation
- Unending desire to look for inefficiencies and find creative ways to improve & be impactful
- Fantastic communication skills and ability to report financial & project information seamlessly to executive leadership
- Relationships with general contractors in multiple markets
- Experience in building retail projects, and a significant amount of experience in tenant fit-out work
- Relationships with construction teams that work at retailers
- A collaborative, respectful, inclusive, and positive attitude
- A sense of urgency and desire to consistently outperform
- Strong negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or Architecture preferred
- 5-7 years of construction experience as a Landlord/Owner’s Rep
- Able to travel regularly
"*" indicates required fields