Who We Are:
We are a growing best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for all of our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS—working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable and enjoyable place to work.
We pride ourselves on being a highly effective team of real estate professionals who consistently identify creative solutions to challenging situations. Our success has allowed our portfolio and operations to expand and now we’re on a mission to add a Director of Construction that fits our collaborative #Success culture.
Working at DLC:
DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to Work 5 years in a row. This was granted based on anonymous team member feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus, and our teammates are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference.
About The Role:
The Director of Construction is an instrumental part of the General Contracting team and will be responsible as Project Executive leading all ongoing construction projects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead and develop a team of rock stars that include Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, Business Managers and Estimators
- Partner with executive team and leadership to develop project pipeline, evaluate performance of target initiatives, personnel, and vendors; assist with planning, monitoring criteria and methodology
- Contribute to the development and implementation of best-in-class departmental policies and procedures to maximize performance and productivity
- Perform weekly project reviews of active construction projects- evaluate project schedule, budget and performance to DLC’s standards
- Develops project initiation process by defining project scope, determining action items, assigning ownership to Project Managers, creating project timetables, and tracking execution and workflow; prepares, presents, and distributes project status reports on regular basis
- Establish and maintain relationships with existing and new tenants
- Foster and enhance existing and new relationships with architects, engineers and sub-contractors
- Partner with internal teams and teammates (Legal, Leasing, Property Management and Transactions) to contribute to DLC’s overall goals
- Proactively source vendors and lead prequalification process
Our Next Director of Construction
- Passion for leading, managing and developing a team of various skill sets and tenure in the construction industry
- Highly motivated, service-oriented self-starter with an outstanding work ethic
- Willingness to embrace and promote DLC’s collaborative #Success culture both internally and externally
- Unquestioned integrity and reputation
- The capacity to adapt to change & handle multiple simultaneously with confidence while aware of completion dates, adhering to contract budget and profit generation
- Unending desire to look for inefficiencies and find creative ways to improve & be impactful
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture preferred
- 7-10 years of construction operations experience required (prior experience with shopping centers or retail preferred) – this includes experience with government agencies, utility companies, etc.
- Fantastic communication skills and ability to report financial & project information seamlessly to executive leadership
- Advanced to expert MS Project and Project Management software skills, intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, etc.
- Experience with Pro Core management system
- Strong and proficient financial and analytical skills and comprehensive understanding of financial calculations/metrics to create budgets, forecasts and manage the business P&L
- Able to travel on a regular basis
"*" indicates required fields