Quick Links to Job Postings:
We offer competitive compensation and a full range of benefits, with opportunities to garner additional responsibility and rewards commensurate with your performance. Please review our current employment opportunities and contact the appropriate department or individual to be considered as an employment candidate.
CAREERS AT DLC
- Ability to prepare and update schedules in Excel and Word
- Ability to establish rapport with investors via telephone and email
- Document changes in investor information on SalesLogix
- Articulate and explain information regarding specific properties and investments to investors
- Proof and distribute letters to investors regarding property updates, refinancing requests, and capital calls and track and catalogue responses as appropriate
- Prepare estimate letters for investor IRAs
- Handle quarterly distributions including updating direct deposit information with Accounting, overseeing the cutting and distribution of checks, and clearing up distribution bounce backs
- Prepare and update quarterly distribution schedules for certain investors
- Handle annual K-1 updates, oversee the uploading of K-1s onto the investor website, and mail K-1s to certain investors
- Manage day-to-day activity on investor website including posting reports, budgets, and K-1s and assisting investors in using the website
- Develop a strong understanding of historical property and distribution performance
- Ability to explain historical performance to investors, orally and in written format
- Handle day-to-day interaction with mostly all of the company's high net worth investors
- Write regular (semiannual or quarterly) updates on properties and as events occur
- Assist and/or take over the preparation of quarterly reports
- Walk investors through their specific portfolios, explaining how specific properties are performing, why a property may not be making distributions, and offer an outlook on future distributions
- Series 7 and 63 licensed, with the ability to take over day-to-day compliance a strong positive
- 3-5 years of investor relations, corporate finance, or similar experience
- Previous investor experience and familiarity with real estate investments strongly preferred
- Bachelor Degree required
Media planning, buying and budget management
- Work with national, regional and local pubs/magazines/newspapers/etc. to determine annual media schedules and useful advertising opportunities for individual or groups of centers.
- Make recommendations for best use of marketing budgets in specific publications and/or mediums. Manage budgets throughout the year.
- Negotiate ad contracts with publications/ICSC and stay on top of value-added components of contracts (free ad placements, editorial coverage, etc)
- Across all mediums (print, web, digital, social, trade show booth graphic elements/etc)
- Coordinate executive interviews, field image/editorial requests, etc.
- Guide 3rd party technology vendor in maintaining and upgrading website
- Key vendors include: Printer (for all corporate material, stationary and collateral. Some interface with printers near regional offices as needed), Trade Show Exhibit Design/Management firm (they handle booth design/upgrades, shipment to/from shows, setup and dismantle and booth storage), Advertising Agency (used on per project basis—ad campaign creation, social media network management), Website/Technology firm (developers of corporate website, mobile site, ipad app, and “digital portfolio”,) and firms that provide Leasing/Sales-related tools (i.e. demographic information – SitesUSA/Regis, and mailing list database access-- Hoovers).
- Project management
- Regular items include: meet monthly advertising deadlines; oversee direct mail and eblast creation (done by Leasing/Mktng Admins in each office); update collateral templates/designs as needed and oversee the use of all template documents to ensure brand consistency- this includes print and digital stationary/memo/leasing letter/employee email signatures/etc., eblasts, direct mail, corporate presentation decks and other corporate and property-specific collateral; trade show preparation and material coordination; create content/manage social media networks for DLC’s corporate pages; manage any/all issues regarding corporate website and related tech (ipad app, touch screen portfolio); oversee mobile media initiative throughout Southeast properties (Texting2Sell); handle ordering of promotional items/trade show giveaways.
- Seasonal items include: design corporate holiday e-cards, annual show-specific needs (i.e. presentation decks for RECon), consumer-targeted contests on Social Media networks.
- Budget creation and quarterly reporting
- Invoice processing/approval
- Attend trade shows as needed (Vegas and NY)
- Delegate work to Mktng Assistant and check in regularly about project/deliverable status to make sure all deadlines are being met
- Encourage regional Leasing/Marketing Admins to dialogue with each other and learn best practices/new ways of effectively marketing their properties.
- Facilitate a regular call (1/quarter) to discuss as a group
- Create “guide documents” to explain processes and procedures for using new marketing tools/programs
- Maintain “DLC Marketing_Leasing Materials Guide.pdf” and be sure all Leasing/Mktng Admins are familiar with it and can educate Leasing team on the various materials available for them to use. (Walk through this document with new leasing hires whenever possible).
5-7 years of corporate marketing experience
Previous management experience and related Retail Real Estate industry experience both strongly preferred
Bachelors Degree required, Masters Degree preferred
- Prepare monthly GAAP based financial statements with analysis of actual to budget variances
- Prepare monthly property reports encompassing data from legal, construction and operations groups
- Responsible for lender debt compliance
- Responsible for billing and collection of tenant rents
- Assist in the resolution of tenant billing inquiries with legal group
- Operating account, mortgage and escrow reconciliations on assigned properties
- Maintain the general ledger on assigned assets
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets
- Continuous interaction with leasing agents and property managers on assigned properties
- Work with outside auditors to complete annual audits and tax returns
- Act as a liaison between other departments and offices by answering inquiries
- Special projects as required – due diligence on acquisitions, property set-up on acquisitions, new property software programs, etc.
- Prepare year end CAM and Real Estate Tax escalation calculations and billings
- Undergraduate Accounting Degree
- Prior real estate industry experience a must
- Strong IT skills - MRI knowledge a strong plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Confident self-starter possessed with an analytical and inquisitive mind-set
- Identify prospective tenants and present leasing opportunities through cold calling and canvassing
- Assist with incoming leasing inquiries & sourcing/developing leads
- Show available spaces to potential tenants
- Assist in negotiating new lease proposals and lease renewals
- Participate in planning and implementation of direct marketing campaigns
- Maintain market awareness: prospective tenants, competing shopping centers, market rents and trends
- Ability to travel at times overnight to our properties (travel expenses paid by company)
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Excellent sales, negotiation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be a motivated self-starter
- Strong computer skills
- Prior leasing experience is not required.
resumes should be sent to MA@dlcmgmt.com
- Cultivates new and maintains existing relationships with desirable prospective tenants including national retailers, regional retailers, and Mom & Pops.
- Leases new space, develops and executes creative and aggressive leasing strategies which may include new leases as well as renewals.
- Aggressively and proactively looks for new Tenants to fill vacant spaces by cold calling, warm calling, eblasts, mailings, and in person canvassing.
- Canvasses markets to identify potential tenants; visits existing retail facilities in the center’s immediate and neighboring communities; contacts retailers by phone or in person to obtain additional information to assess retailer’s interest in leasing space.
- Qualifies potential tenants by reviewing their financial statements, credit report, and checking references.
- Negotiates lease terms that meet or exceed budgets and that address items including, but not limited to rent, term, extra charges, and construction allowances. Keeps immediate supervisor apprised as to all activities.
- Communicates and coordinates with Construction/Property management Department to ascertain construction estimates prior to deal submission.
- Communicates and coordinates with Legal Department to have documents prepared incorporating the terms agreed upon and appropriate to the specific property.
- Reviews industry publications as well as local market publications for information on the retail/shopping center industry as well as local market intelligence.
- Attends leasing conventions and other industry events to represent DLC Management, Corp. and its properties.
- Prepares center-by-center annual budgets for review and approval by Senior Management as well as leasing and merchandising plans.
- Communicates with and reports to partners and others as applicable, the status of leasing activity as needed.
- Brings a perseverant and positive attitude to work every day, and is not flustered when things go wrong.
- Can work well in teams, and displays excellent leadership qualities.
- Have an in depth knowledge of deal structures and lease terminology
- Existing rolodex of national tenants typically found in DLC Management, Corp. Shopping Centers.
- Existing rolodex of tenant rep brokers in the Northeast Region of the United States.
- Possess excellent negotiation and closing skills.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to drive and understand a market quickly.
- Ability to cultivate leads and deal for vacant spaces quickly and under pressure.
- Ability to problem solve in difficult situations
- Ability to multi-task, and handle many moving pieces at once
- Ability to travel to properties frequently
- Efficiently organize, plan, schedule, and execute assigned tasks
- Be a good team player
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing whether it be one-on-one or in large groups.
- Be assertive without being abrasive
- Possess general knowledge of property and construction management and real estate accounting
- Be open to and willing to accept input and direction.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-7+ years retail leasing experience
If interested, please submit your resume here.