Quick Links to Job Postings:
We offer competitive compensation and a full range of benefits, with opportunities to garner additional responsibility and rewards commensurate with your performance. Please review our current employment opportunities and contact the appropriate department or individual to be considered as an employment candidate.
CAREERS AT DLC
Asset Management Associate
- Develop an understanding of the assets and business plans for the joint venture portfolio.
- Maintain and regularly update Argus models to monitor property performance throughout the asset redevelopment cycle in support of critical capital market events.
- Create, implement, and maintain various tracking criteria related to property operations and performance. Pulls disparate information together, identifies flaws in information and helps establish and confirm the source data. Able to think through the continuity of data, keeping it fresh, defining the source data and the process around reporting.
- Develop sophisticated dashboards, financial models, templates and analyses (including discounted cash flows, IRR analysis, NPV analysis, etc).
- Assist in performing refinancing analyses, valuations, sell/hold analyses, leasing NPV/NER, and other ad hoc requirements.
- Review of proposed retail leases and renewals for financial viability and business sustainability in accordance with business plan.
- Verifies accuracy of property operating statements and monthly/quarterly variance analysis. Ability to read financial reports and understand trends, red flags, etc. Reviews and packages reports provided to Joint Venture partners.
- Collaborates and works with all departments (Acquisitions, Leasing, Property & Construction management, Accounting, etc.)
- Prepares and updates cash flow projections. Works on capital calls & distributions and performs supporting analyses.
- The successful candidate will possess a college degree in business, finance, and with related real estate or finance experience.
- The successful candidate will need to collaborate with all departments to accomplish the team’s objectives in a growing portfolio. The candidate must be hands-on and able to roll up his/her sleeves and pitch in on whatever needs to be done.
- The candidate should have a proactive, energetic, creative disposition and be capable of solving problems with resourcefulness. The individual must have well developed interpersonal and communications skills. A high sense of urgency is a key attribute to this role. The successful candidate will embody professionalism and personal integrity.
- Additional qualifications include:
- Three to five year experience with understanding of retail asset types
- Advanced Excel skills (VBA skills a plus) and Argus experience
- Strong analytical and financial skills, including an understanding of cash flow models and investment returns.
- Motivated and detailed self-starter with a strong work ethic and desire to succeed.
Resumes should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Manager /Estimator - NE Region
Project Manager will work independently within the Northeast region of the portfolio. Position required excellent verbal and communication abilities as well as strong computer skills. Experience with Word, Excel, Microsoft Project a must.
Duties to include (but will not be limited to):
- Cost estimates and bid scope formulation as well as bid reviews and related qualifications;
- Vacant space analysis and formulations of vanilla box estimates;
- Formulate estimates for Leasing Dept.
- Bid review, Contract Negotiation and Award of Project
- Formulation of Contract Documents
- Cap Ex estimates and Bid Review;
- Blueprint Document Management (storage, retrieval and printing of same)
- File postings / maintenance of Web-based document distribution
- Project Management – to include set up of project schedules and project payable schedules; storage / retrieval / distribution of project information (including close out)
- Project Supervision – Field Supervision as necessary.
- Keep Project Team informed of goals and milestones
- Report regularly on progress.
- Interface with Consultants, Contractors and Tenants, conflict resolution when necessary.
Please email resume and salary history to: email@example.com
- Assist with the underwriting and modeling of property-level cash flow projections utilizing Argus and Microsoft Excel. Build, update, and understand dynamic financial models.
- Perform complex financial analyses including the development of cash flow projections, operating pro formas, valuations, investment returns, and ongoing portfolio management.
- Participate in the origination and execution of property financings, recapitalizations, and scheduled asset dispositions.
- Prepare due diligence materials and assist in the engagement and management of lenders and mortgage brokers on refinancings and sales brokers on dispositions.
- Maintain and regularly update Argus models to monitor property performance throughout the redevelopment cycle in support of critical capital market events.
- Maintain internal refinancing and disposition pipeline.
- 1-3 years of full-time experience in finance, real estate, or accounting or with similar real estate underwriting skills; applicants with more than 3 years of experience will not be considered.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Argus is required.
- Strong financial and analytical skills and reasoning abilities, with a high attention to detail.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the company as well as with lenders, mortgage brokers, and investment sales brokers.
- Willingness to take initiative and complete projects on a timely basis without excessive oversight.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize activities and consistently follow-up.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Undergraduate degree in real estate, finance, or a related field with a string record of academic achievement.
- Highly Competitive. Base and incentive compensation, along with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Westchester County, New York. Automobile strongly recommended.
Resumes should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cultivates new and maintains existing relationships with desirable prospective tenants including national retailers, regional retailers, and Mom & Pops.
- Leases new space, develops and executes creative and aggressive leasing strategies which may include new leases as well as renewals.
- Aggressively and proactively looks for new tenants to fill vacant spaces by cold calling, warm calling, eblasts, mailings, and in person canvassing.
- Canvasses markets to identify potential tenants; visits existing retail facilities in the center’s immediate and neighboring communities; contacts retailers by phone or in person to obtain additional information to assess retailer’s interest in leasing space.
- Qualifies potential tenants by reviewing their financial statements, credit report, and checking references.
- Negotiates lease terms that meet or exceed budgets and that address items including, but not limited to rent, term, extra charges, and construction allowances. Keeps immediate supervisor apprised as to all activities.
- Communicates and coordinates with Construction/Property Management Department to ascertain construction estimates prior to deal submission.
- Communicates and coordinates with Legal Department to have documents prepared incorporating the terms agreed upon and appropriate to the specific property.
- Reviews industry publications and local market publications for information on the retail/shopping center industry as well as maintain local market intelligence.
- Attends leasing conventions and other industry events to represent DLC Management, Corp. and its properties.
- Prepares center-by-center annual budgets for review and approval by Senior Management as well as leasing and merchandising plans.
- Communicates with and reports to partners and others, on the status of leasing activity as needed.
- Brings a perseverant and positive attitude to work every day, and is not flustered when things go wrong.
- Can work well in teams, and displays excellent leadership qualities.
- Have an in depth knowledge of deal structures and lease terminology.
- Existing rolodex of national tenants typically found in DLC Management Corp. shopping centers.
- Existing rolodex of tenant rep brokers in the Southeast Region of the United States.
- Possess excellent negotiation and closing skills.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to drive and understand a market quickly.
- Ability to cultivate leads and deals for vacant spaces, quickly and under pressure.
- Ability to problem solve in difficult situations.
- Ability to multi-task, and handle many moving pieces at once.
- Ability to travel to properties frequently.
- Efficiently organize, plan, schedule, and execute assigned tasks.
- Be a good team player.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing whether it be one-on-one or in large groups.
- Be assertive without being abrasive.
- Possess general knowledge of property and construction management and real estate accounting.
- Be open to and willing to accept input and direction.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years retail leasing experience
DLC Management Corp. is seeking a Leasing Trainee to join its Southeast regional office in Atlanta, Georgia. This is a full-time entry-level position working directly with the Associate Director of Leasing to assist in the leasing and management of our shopping centers in the Southeast region. While learning the business, the candidate will play a critical role in attracting new tenants to lease spaces in our properties.
- Identify prospective tenants and present leasing opportunities through cold calling and canvassing
- Assist with incoming leasing inquiries & sourcing/developing leads
- Show available spaces to potential tenants
- Assist in negotiating new lease proposals and lease renewals
- Participate in planning and implementation of direct marketing campaigns
- Maintain market awareness: prospective tenants, competing shopping centers, market rents and trends
- Ability to travel at times overnight to our properties (travel expenses paid by company
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Excellent sales, negotiation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be a motivated self-starter
- Strong computer skills
- Prior leasing experience is not required.
Resumes should be sent to: SE@dlcmgmt.com
Administrative Assistant, Property Management
A fast paced commercial property management company is currently seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant for its Property Management Department in our Bethesda, MD office. This position is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the Regional Property Manager(s).
Specific Job Duties
- Provides administrative support by typing correspondence, opening and prioritizing mail, answering and placing phone calls and copying and faxing
- Tracks and codes all invoices and utilities for the portfolio of properties assigned to the region and handles applicable utility billings
- Prepares letters and chargebacks to tenants in accordance with lease documents and established departmental procedures
- Handles office filing
- Responds to routine requests for information
- Handling of Tenant maintenance calls and call log
- Creates and tracks service and project contracts
- Pulls monthly reports
- Verifies, maintains and updates vendor insurance certificates
- Performs customer service tasks at reception
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed
- 3-5 years of administrative experience
- Strong attention to detail; ability to perform duties independently and with a high level of accuracy
- Effective oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word and Outlook, Nexus Payables and MRI a plus
Please email resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com