If you have a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit, enjoy tackling new challenges, and have a passion for improvement, you may have the skills to succeed at DLC. As we continue to expand our portfolio and operations, new opportunities frequently arise in our headquarters and regional offices for select professionals who are focused on succeeding.
We offer competitive compensation and a full range of benefits, with opportunities to garner additional responsibility and rewards commensurate with your performance. Please review our current employment opportunities and contact the appropriate department or individual to be considered as an employment candidate.
Careers at DLC
This position will manage the day-to-day needs of DLC’s high net worth investors, reporting directly to the company’s Chief Investment Officer.
Minimum Requirements Include:
- Ability to prepare and update schedules in Excel and Word
- Ability to establish rapport with investors via telephone and email
- Document changes in investor information on SalesLogix
- Articulate and explain information regarding specific properties and investments to investors
- Proof and distribute letters to investors regarding property updates, refinancing requests, and capital calls and track and catalogue responses as appropriate
- Prepare estimate letters for investor IRAs
- Handle quarterly distributions including updating direct deposit information with Accounting, overseeing the cutting and distribution of checks, and clearing up distribution bounce backs
- Prepare and update quarterly distribution schedules for certain investors
- Handle annual K-1 updates, oversee the uploading of K-1s onto the investor website, and mail K-1s to certain investors
- Manage day-to-day activity on investor website including posting reports, budgets, and K-1s and assisting investors in using the website
Preferred Abilities Include:
- Develop a strong understanding of historical property and distribution performance
- Ability to explain historical performance to investors, orally and in written format
- Handle day-to-day interaction with mostly all of the company's high net worth investors
- Write regular (semiannual or quarterly) updates on properties and as events occur
- Assist and/or take over the preparation of quarterly reports
- Walk investors through their specific portfolios, explaining how specific properties are performing, why a property may not be making distributions, and offer an outlook on future distributions
- Series 7 and 63 licensed, with the ability to take over day-to-day compliance a strong positive
- 3-5 years of investor relations, corporate finance, or similar experience
- Previous investor experience and familiarity with real estate investments strongly preferred
- Bachelor Degree required
Director of Marketing
DLC Management Corp. is seeking a Director of Marketing to join its Tarrytown, NY headquarters.
This position will manage all corporate and property-level marketing needs on both a national and regional/local scale. The Marketing Director guides the Marketing Department in support of all marketing and advertising needs from various departments across 4 regional offices. Position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
Media planning, buying and budget management
- Work with national, regional and local pubs/magazines/newspapers/etc. to determine annual media schedules and useful advertising opportunities for individual or groups of centers.
- Make recommendations for best use of marketing budgets in specific publications and/or mediums. Manage budgets throughout the year.
- Negotiate ad contracts with publications/ICSC and stay on top of value-added components of contracts (free ad placements, editorial coverage, etc)
Advertising campaign planning, strategy and design Corporate brand management
- Across all mediums (print, web, digital, social, trade show booth graphic elements/etc)
Manage firm’s social media initiatives. Develop content, generate campaign ideas, and oversee agency partner in program development and implementation.
Handle all public relations efforts including writing and distributing press releases
- Coordinate executive interviews, field image/editorial requests, etc.
- Guide 3rd party technology vendor in maintaining and upgrading website
Regular website edits via content management system
Manage corporate presence at industry trade shows. Guide third party exhibit vendor in managing details and logistics. Vendor relationship management and contract negotiation
- Key vendors include: Printer (for all corporate material, stationary and collateral. Some interface with printers near regional offices as needed), Trade Show Exhibit Design/Management firm (they handle booth design/upgrades, shipment to/from shows, setup and dismantle and booth storage), Advertising Agency (used on per project basis—ad campaign creation, social media network management), Website/Technology firm (developers of corporate website, mobile site, ipad app, and “digital portfolio”,) and firms that provide Leasing/Sales-related tools (i.e. demographic information – SitesUSA/Regis, and mailing list database access-- Hoovers).
Liaison between DLC and ICSC (industry trade organization) in managing all corporate sponsorships, event participation, job postings, etc.
Manage departmental workflow
- Project management
- Regular items include: meet monthly advertising deadlines; oversee direct mail and eblast creation (done by Leasing/Mktng Admins in each office); update collateral templates/designs as needed and oversee the use of all template documents to ensure brand consistency- this includes print and digital stationary/memo/leasing letter/employee email signatures/etc., eblasts, direct mail, corporate presentation decks and other corporate and property-specific collateral; trade show preparation and material coordination; create content/manage social media networks for DLC’s corporate pages; manage any/all issues regarding corporate website and related tech (ipad app, touch screen portfolio); oversee mobile media initiative throughout Southeast properties (Texting2Sell); handle ordering of promotional items/trade show giveaways.
- Seasonal items include: design corporate holiday e-cards, annual show-specific needs (i.e. presentation decks for RECon), consumer-targeted contests on Social Media networks.
- Budget creation and quarterly reporting
- Invoice processing/approval
- Attend trade shows as needed (Vegas and NY)
Manage Marketing Assistant as well as marketing-related personnel in each regional office
- Delegate work to Mktng Assistant and check in regularly about project/deliverable status to make sure all deadlines are being met
- Encourage regional Leasing/Marketing Admins to dialogue with each other and learn best practices/new ways of effectively marketing their properties.
- Facilitate a regular call (1/quarter) to discuss as a group
- Create “guide documents” to explain processes and procedures for using new marketing tools/programs
- Maintain “DLC Marketing_Leasing Materials Guide.pdf” and be sure all Leasing/Mktng Admins are familiar with it and can educate Leasing team on the various materials available for them to use. (Walk through this document with new leasing hires whenever possible).
5-7 years of corporate marketing experience
Previous management experience and related Retail Real Estate industry experience both strongly preferred
Bachelors Degree required, Masters Degree preferred
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please click here to submit your resume.
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER
When was the last time you were able to control how much money you made?
If you have 2+ years ground up retail construction experience with projects ranging between $1MM-$6MM plus the ability to read and estimate plans and specifications that result in an on time, on budget delivered project, then you have the necessary skills to become an integral part of our established Development Department. DLC Management Corp, a full service real estate company with operations nationwide, has an immediate opening for a full-time Construction Project Manager based in our corporate headquarters located in Tarrytown, NY. Salary is Up to $100,000.00 per year, plus completion bonus for each project completed on time, and on budget.
Note: Resumes submitted without salary history will not be considered
DLC Management Corp. is seeking a Leasing Trainee to join its Mid-Atlantic regional office in Bethesda, Maryland. This is a full-time entry-level position working directly with the Associate Director of Leasing to assist in the leasing and management of our shopping centers in the Mid-Atlantic region and Florida. While learning the business, the candidate will play a critical role in attracting new tenants to lease spaces in our properties.
· Identify prospective tenants and present leasing opportunities through cold calling and canvassing
· Assist with incoming leasing inquiries & sourcing/developing leads
· Show available spaces to potential tenants
· Assist in negotiating new lease proposals and lease renewals
· Participate in planning and implementation of direct marketing campaigns
· Maintain market awareness: prospective tenants, competing shopping centers, market rents and trends
· Ability to travel at times overnight to our properties (travel expenses paid by company)
· Bachelor's degree preferred
· Excellent sales, negotiation, and interpersonal communication skills
· Must be a motivated self-starter
· Strong computer skills
· Prior leasing experience is not required.
Please click here to submit your resume.