Who We Are:
DLC Management Corporation is seeking a highly experienced SVP of Property Management to join our HQ office in Elmsford, New York. Reporting directly to the President and working collaboratively with all internal departments (Leasing, Construction, Legal, etc.), the SVP of Property Management will serve as a leader and creative thinker for the value creation and capital improvement projects that will enable outperformance of individual properties and the overall portfolio.
- Leading a team of 18 across 5 offices (Elmsford, NY, Buffalo, NY, Bethesda, MD, Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL and Allen, TX).
- Work with Executive team on the overall leadership and management of DLC and provide the operational perspective on property, portfolio and corporate performance.
- Develop a strong understanding of the real estate markets and communities in which portfolio assets are located.
- Oversee/lead the annual budgeting process for the Property Management department
- Continually monitor property operations and financial performance and develop and implement adjustments to strategic and operating plans, as appropriate.
- In coordination with Regional Vice President's and Regional Property Managers, monitor staff and activities to ensure that the operating plan is being carried out and the company's objectives are being satisfied with regard to property maintenance, tenant service, contractor relations, competitive pricing of services, staff development, and other property management functions.
- Identify and implement improvements to internal departmental policies and procedures for the utmost efficiency
- Support development and acquisitions departments on revenue and operational costs associated with new development or acquisition properties. Support the development of annual property operating and capital allocation budgets for new transactions
- Oversee evaluation and negotiation of service contracts for vendors
- Ensure compliance with local codes, laws and any other regulations
- Assist with due diligence related to property acquisitions
- Conduct site visits as necessary
- Meet regularly with VPs and Regional Property Managers to keep a pulse on all properties within the portfolio
- Lead bi-weekly team meetings to foster teamwork and discuss departmental needs and goals
- Leadership-- confident and energetic, self-directed with superior interpersonal skills. Effective as a persuader and negotiator, inspiring the trust of others. Demonstrates and requires accountability, exhibits sound independent judgement. Upholds highest ethical standards with integrity.
- Strategic Thinking & Decision Making-- makes logical decision based on metrics and analytics, proven problem solver. Uses data, experience, and intuition to lead process improvement.
- Innovation-- incorporates continuous improvement methodologies throughout to drive productivity and process improvements. Implements best practices, meets challenges with creativity and resourcefulness.
- Operational Focus and Results Oriented-- creates operational strategic plans to optimize the processes, systems, and personnel to deliver growth and service. Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of key performance indicators, client requirements, performance and quality standards.
- Communication -- exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills, strong presentation skills, and confident public speaking ability. Demonstrates skills in collaborative discussion of problems and resolution of issues. Exhibits a high degree of diplomacy, respect and trustworthiness. Excellent at developing and nurturing relationships with clients, community business leaders, and other stakeholders.