Who We Are:
We are a growing, best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs. At DLC, we strongly believe in Entrepreneurial Citizenship. You are here to succeed, but you also know that the greatest rewards demand that every teammate works together to help one another succeed. Your role is critical, as are those of your teammates, but we will all accomplish far more helping each other as a team than acting as individuals. We are looking for new teammates who are:
- Genuine – You are self-confident, but you don’t have an ego. You act with integrity, and you treat everyone around you with respect. You celebrate your team’s collective wins over your own, and you recognize the contributions and successes of your teammates.
- Agile – You move quickly, easily, and flexibly in response to changing situations and the needs of your clients and teammates. When a situation can be improved, you are first in line to facilitate the needed changes.
- Curious – You are innately curious with a strong desire to learn and know. You always take the time to ask thoughtful questions because you constantly want to achieve more.
- Resilient – You overcome and quickly bounce back from setbacks. You help your teammates get back on track when they are knocked down, and you learn from and welcome similar help from those around you.
- Unstoppable – You welcome challenges, and you do not give up when a situation looks bleak or unsolvable. You know there are critical times when the only way to achieve optimal results is by committing to and taking the necessary extra steps.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
Human Capital is our main focus and our teammates are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference. DLC Management Corp. has been proudly certified a Great Place to Work. This designation, which we earned 6 years in a row, was granted based on teammate feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
About the Role - Staff accountant:
The DLC Accounting team is looking for our newest Staff Accountant. You will be responsible for accounting, financial reporting, financial analysis and providing general business support for a portfolio of properties.
- Prepare monthly income tax and or GAAP based financial statements with analysis of actual to budget variances
- Prepare monthly property reports encompassing data from Legal, Construction and Operations teams
- Responsible for lender debt compliance
- Oversee billing and collection of tenant rents
- Provide support in the resolution of tenant billing inquiries with Legal team
- Operating account, mortgage and escrow reconciliations on assigned properties
- Maintain the general ledgers on assigned asset
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets
- Continuous interaction with Leasing Representatives and Property Managers on assigned properties
- Collaborate with outside auditors to complete annual audits and tax returns
- Act as a liaison between other departments and offices by answering inquiries
- Prepare year end CAM and Real Estate Tax escalation calculations and billings
- Special projects as required: due diligence on acquisitions, property set-up on acquisitions, new property software programs, etc.
Desired Skills & Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- At least 2 years of accounting experience. Public accounting experience a plus!
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage tight deadlines
- Organized and reliable with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Confident self-starter with an inquisitive mind-set
- Prior Real Estate industry experience or MRI knowledge a plus