Who We Are:
We are a growing, best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs. At DLC, we strongly believe in Entrepreneurial Citizenship. You are here to succeed, but you also know that the greatest rewards demand that every teammate works together to help one another succeed. Your role is critical, as are those of your teammates, but we will all accomplish far more helping each other as a team than acting as individuals. We are looking for new teammates who are:
- Genuine – You are self-confident, but you don’t have an ego. You act with integrity, and you treat everyone around you with respect. You celebrate your team’s collective wins over your own, and you recognize the contributions and successes of your teammates.
- Agile – You move quickly, easily, and flexibly in response to changing situations and the needs of your clients and teammates. When a situation can be improved, you are first in line to facilitate the needed changes.
- Curious – You are innately curious with a strong desire to learn and know. You always take the time to ask thoughtful questions because you constantly want to achieve more.
- Resilient – You overcome and quickly bounce back from setbacks. You help your teammates get back on track when they are knocked down, and you learn from and welcome similar help from those around you.
- Unstoppable – You welcome challenges, and you do not give up when a situation looks bleak or unsolvable. You know there are critical times when the only way to achieve optimal results is by committing to and taking the necessary extra steps.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
Human Capital is our main focus and our teammates are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference. DLC Management Corp. has been proudly certified a Great Place to Work. This designation, which we earned 6 years in a row, was granted based on teammate feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
The Big Picture:
- Thrive in an environment where every day is different
- Fantastic communication skills and ability to report financial information seamlessly
- Embody and promote DLC’s collaborative #Success culture both internally and externally
- Crushes deadlines, unafraid to take on more, and has a passion for coming in ahead of schedule
- The capacity to adapt to change with confidence
- Looks for inefficiencies and ways to improve
- Curious to learn, asks questions and challenges the status quo or what might appear “off”
The Day to Day:
- Prepare the master construction program schedule, as well as milestone and phasing schedules
- Manage the design process: source, contact, manage A&E teams
- Manage the daily operations of the project team; confirm the project process; execute the project vision, goals, and objectives.
- Assure communication and accountability within the project team.
- Manage the day-to-day client relationships specific to the project and accepts total responsibility for the execution of all deliverables.
- Trouble-shoot and solve problems in collaboration with the project team
- Solicit contractor interest, prepare and issue RFP’s, and manage the bidding and contract negotiation process. Prepare and review contracts & exhibits for completeness & accuracy.
- Prepare bid lists, scope descriptions, bid criteria, responsibility schedules. Review bid packages for completeness & accuracy and level bids.
- Manage Change Order review and negotiation process. Support Change Order database in partnership with Project Administration. Work with consultants and Preconstruction to mitigate trending/reoccurring Change Orders.
- Manage Job Cost in Honest Buildings/MRI through project close out.
- Assists Tenant Coordination with all technical aspects of construction coordination and communication
- Accountable for delivering assigned Landlord work projects on budget and schedule (lease turnover dates)
- Manage permit and approval process
- Manage project status reporting and approvals in collaboration with Project Coordinator
- Manage contracts, change orders, insurance certificates, invoices and applications for payments in collaboration with Project Administrator
- Manage warranty matters
- Manage and mentor Assistant PM’s
- Support project lease executions, accountable through project closeout
- Establish and maintain relationships with existing and new clients (tenants).
- Foster and enhances relationships with clients (tenants), architects, engineers, and contractors.
- Partner with Legal, Leasing, Property Management and Acquisitions
- Proactively participate in Vendor sourcing and prequalification process
- Support department CM Fees process in partnership with Tenant Coordinator, Preconstruction and Project Administration
- Support CRM budget approval process
Our Next Project Manager
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture
- 5 - 10 years of construction operations experience required (prior experience with shopping centers preferred)
- Ability to travel on a regular basis
- Positive, can-do attitude, optimistic
- Consummate team player
- Confident and assertive, yet humble and respectful, i.e. able to act with persuasion and respect and humility simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong communication, problem avoidance, and problem-solving skills
- A long-term thinker who is able to quickly grasp the big picture needs
- Self-sufficient with a strong sense of urgency and able to prioritize
- Advanced to expert MS Project and Project Management software skills, intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, etc.
- Experience with of Honest Buildings project management software a plus