Leasing Representative / Senior Leasing Representative
Who We Are:
We are a growing, best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs. At DLC, we strongly believe in Entrepreneurial Citizenship. You are here to succeed, but you also know that the greatest rewards demand that every teammate works together to help one another succeed. Your role is critical, as are those of your teammates, but we will all accomplish far more helping each other as a team than acting as individuals. We are looking for new teammates who are:
- Genuine – You are self-confident, but you don’t have an ego. You act with integrity, and you treat everyone around you with respect. You celebrate your team’s collective wins over your own, and you recognize the contributions and successes of your teammates.
- Agile – You move quickly, easily, and flexibly in response to changing situations and the needs of your clients and teammates. When a situation can be improved, you are first in line to facilitate the needed changes.
- Curious – You are innately curious with a strong desire to learn and know. You always take the time to ask thoughtful questions because you constantly want to achieve more.
- Resilient – You overcome and quickly bounce back from setbacks. You help your teammates get back on track when they are knocked down, and you learn from and welcome similar help from those around you.
- Unstoppable – You welcome challenges, and you do not give up when a situation looks bleak or unsolvable. You know there are critical times when the only way to achieve optimal results is by committing to and taking the necessary extra steps.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
Human Capital is our main focus and our teammates are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference. DLC Management Corp. has been proudly certified a Great Place to Work. This designation, which we earned 6 years in a row, was granted based on teammate feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
- Cultivate new relationships with desirable prospective tenants including national retailers, regional retailers and mom & pop shops
- Execute creative strategies to secure new leases as well as renewals
- Identify prospective tenants and present leasing opportunities through cold calling and canvassing.
- Negotiate new lease proposals and lease renewals that meet or exceed budgets.
- Prepare annual budgets and leasing and merchandising plans for each shopping center and present to senior management
- Respond to incoming leasing inquiries & sourcing/developing leads.
- Show available spaces to potential tenants.
- Maintain market awareness: prospective tenants, competing shopping centers, market rents and trends.
- Has 3-5 years of leasing experience (preferably on landlord side)
- Has a proven, impressive deal sheet
- Brings to the table pre-existing relationships with retailers and other tenants
- A skilled “deal-closer”
- Will be motivated by rejection and not dejected
- Will not only survive in pressure scenarios but thrive under pressure
- Will have an acute ability to cultivate relationships
- Has strong public speaking and presentation skills with the ability to capture the attention of any audience
- Has a hunter “go-getter” mentality vs. a fisherman “wait and see” mentality
- Understands the foundation of team success is to put the team before themselves
- Has the ability to travel at times overnight to our properties and to conventions, industry events
- Has a Bachelor’s Degree