Who We Are:
We are a growing, best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs. At DLC, we strongly believe in Entrepreneurial Citizenship. You are here to succeed, but you also know that the greatest rewards demand that every teammate works together to help one another succeed. Your role is critical, as are those of your teammates, but we will all accomplish far more helping each other as a team than acting as individuals. We are looking for new teammates who are:
- Genuine – You are self-confident, but you don’t have an ego. You act with integrity, and you treat everyone around you with respect. You celebrate your team’s collective wins over your own, and you recognize the contributions and successes of your teammates.
- Agile – You move quickly, easily, and flexibly in response to changing situations and the needs of your clients and teammates. When a situation can be improved, you are first in line to facilitate the needed changes.
- Curious – You are innately curious with a strong desire to learn and know. You always take the time to ask thoughtful questions because you constantly want to achieve more.
- Resilient – You overcome and quickly bounce back from setbacks. You help your teammates get back on track when they are knocked down, and you learn from and welcome similar help from those around you.
- Unstoppable – You welcome challenges, and you do not give up when a situation looks bleak or unsolvable. You know there are critical times when the only way to achieve optimal results is by committing to and taking the necessary extra steps.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
Human Capital is our main focus and our teammates are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference. DLC Management Corp. has been proudly certified a Great Place to Work. This designation, which we earned 6 years in a row, was granted based on teammate feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Lease Administrator is an integral part of the team and will be responsible for:
- Extracting and interpreting the common area maintenance (CAM)/insurance/tax section of tenant leases
- Setting up, continuous monitoring & updating of reconciliation expense pools within MRI
- Preparing CAM, tax, and insurance reconciliations under tight deadlines
- Preparing and tracking annual, semi-annual, and quarterly real estate tax chargebacks for select national tenants
- Preparing reconciliations for sold properties to provide to buyer
- Tracking sold entities and collecting due amounts from buyer
- Managing and tracking of CAM disputes with national & local tenants
- Supplying tenants with reconciliations and applicable backup through the AR software, VersaPay
- Ensure reconciliations are paid within 120 days by reaching out to tenants via emails and telephone calls
- Assisting the leasing and legal departments in CAM, tax, insurance calculations during the lease negotiation phase to project estimates of a tenant’s CAM charges
- Monitoring of CAM expenses in the general ledger and acting as a liaison between accounting and property managers to ensure the accuracy of CAM expenses
- Review of Leaseprobe upload of new leases and amendments in MRI for accuracy
- Assisting property accountants with the creation & updating of property budgets within MRI
- Updating the CAM, Real Estate Tax and Insurance based on budget into the CRM software for leasing.
- Assist Lease Admin Manager on ad hoc projects
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor's degree
- Basic accounting background
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize and manage tight deadlines
- Organized and reliable with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- A proactive team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in lease administration or reading/interpreting lease language is a plus!
- Knowledge of the MRI software is a plus!