Who We Are:
We are a growing, best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs. At DLC, we strongly believe in Entrepreneurial Citizenship. You are here to succeed, but you also know that the greatest rewards demand that every teammate works together to help one another succeed. Your role is critical, as are those of your teammates, but we will all accomplish far more helping each other as a team than acting as individuals. We are looking for new teammates who are:
- Genuine – You are self-confident, but you don’t have an ego. You act with integrity, and you treat everyone around you with respect. You celebrate your team’s collective wins over your own, and you recognize the contributions and successes of your teammates.
- Agile – You move quickly, easily, and flexibly in response to changing situations and the needs of your clients and teammates. When a situation can be improved, you are first in line to facilitate the needed changes.
- Curious – You are innately curious with a strong desire to learn and know. You always take the time to ask thoughtful questions because you constantly want to achieve more.
- Resilient – You overcome and quickly bounce back from setbacks. You help your teammates get back on track when they are knocked down, and you learn from and welcome similar help from those around you.
- Unstoppable – You welcome challenges, and you do not give up when a situation looks bleak or unsolvable. You know there are critical times when the only way to achieve optimal results is by committing to and taking the necessary extra steps.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
Human Capital is our main focus and our teammates are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference. DLC Management Corp. has been proudly certified a Great Place to Work. This designation, which we earned 6 years in a row, was granted based on teammate feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
About The Role - Estimator:
The Estimator will be part of DLC’s Construction team on all preconstruction efforts and provide support to Leasing, Project Management, Project Administration and Project Coordination.
- Support all leasing deals from LOI, to estimate, to lease, through rent commencement
- Support all acquisition deals from due diligence, to closing, through lease up
- Generate due diligence reports and existing conditions surveys
- Provide LOD drawings in partnership with consultants
- Provide schematic and design development support with and without consultant involvement
- Manage and provide precedent analysis data and feedback
- Provide ‘Good Working Order’ estimates
- Provide conceptual estimates based on precedent analysis, cost per sq. ft, historical cost data and contractor feedback
- Provide scope reduction Analysis / Cost Savings / Value Engineering
- Provide schedules for construction, development/milestones and phasing
- Provide feasibility site logistics studies
- Manage CRM and MRI budget approval process in partnership with Project Coordination & Administration
- Participate in preparing bids and bid leveling and review packages once submitted
- Participate and collaborate in negotiation process for contracts for architects, GC’s and engineers
- Participate in negotiation process for change order requests
- Manage all preconstruction matters and act as liaison for Leasing Property Management and Acquisitions
- Establish and maintain relationships with existing and new tenants, as well as architects, engineers and contractors
- Manage and review tenant improvement package submissions
- Proactively participate in Vendor sourcing and prequalification process
- Manage historical cost database, change order database and CM fees
Our Next Estimator:
- Finds a consistent steady pace boring, and loves to move fast and pivot often
- Collaborates with and motivates others
- Consummate team player and thrives working with others
- Positive, can-do attitude, optimistic
- Customer centric
- Confident and assertive, yet humble and respectful, i.e. able to act with persuasion and respect and humility simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong communication, problem avoidance and problem solving skills
- Long term thinker who is able to quickly grasp the big picture needs
- Self-sufficient with a strong sense of urgency and able to prioritize
- Advanced to expert Excel & Estimating software skills, intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office, MS Project, Adobe Acrobat Pro, etc.