Director of Preconstruction
Who We Are:
We are a growing, best-in-class team of real estate entrepreneurs. At DLC, we strongly believe in Entrepreneurial Citizenship. We are here to succeed, but we know that the most significant rewards demand that every teammate works together to help one another. Each role is critical, but we accomplish far more by helping each other as a team than acting as individuals. We are looking for new teammates who are:
- Genuine – You are self-confident, but you don't have an ego. You act with integrity, and you treat everyone around you with respect. You celebrate your team's collective wins over your own, and you recognize the contributions and successes of your teammates.
- Agile – You move quickly, easily, and flexibly in response to changing situations and the needs of your clients and teammates. You are first in line to facilitate the needed changes when a problem can be improved.
- Curious –You are innately curious with a strong desire to learn and know. You always take the time to ask thoughtful questions because you constantly want to achieve more.
- Resilient –You overcome and quickly bounce back from setbacks. You help your teammates get back on track when knocked down, and you learn from and welcome similar help from those around you.
- Unstoppable– You welcome challenges and do not give up when a situation looks bleak or unsolvable. You know there are critical times when the only way to achieve optimal results is by committing to and taking the necessary extra steps.
Founded in 1991, DLC is one of the nation's preeminent privately held owners, operators, and managers of open-air shopping centers. Our portfolio includes over 17 million square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions. In addition, we manage over 100 owned entities, run a 3rd party services business, and own a general contractor affiliate.
DLC Management Corp. is a six-time certified Great Place to Work. This designation was granted based on teammate feedback and placed us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus, and our employees are the most essential asset to the Company. Recruiting, developing, and retaining great talent is vital to any leadership position within the firm.
About The Role:
We are currently on the hunt for a Director of Preconstruction to join our Construction Management team. This role will lead DLC’s preconstruction efforts and provide support to Leasing, Project Management, Project Administration & Project Coordination. We are looking for someone highly collaborative and professional with strong interpersonal skills, someone who thrives at building solid relationships based on trust and respect, and someone who will be additive to the strong culture we've made.
- Support all leasing deals from LOI, to estimate, to lease, through rent commencement
- Generate due diligence reports and existing conditions surveys
- Provide LOD drawings in partnership with consultants
- Provide schematic and design development support with and without consultant involvement
- Provide ‘Good Working Order’ and conceptual estimates
- Provide conceptual estimates based on
- Provide scope reduction Analysis / Cost Savings / Value Engineering
- Participate/support the development of construction schedules
- Manage all preconstruction matters
- Establish and maintain relationships with existing and new clients (tenants). Foster and enhances relationships with clients (tenants), architects, engineers, and contractors.
- Be the department liaison for Leasing, Property Management and Acquisitions
- Proactively participate in Vendor sourcing and prequalification process
- Manage historical cost data base
- Manage allowance/change order data base
- Manage department CM Fees in partnership with Project Administration
- Manage CRM budget approval process
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture
- 10 years of construction estimating experience required
- Positive, can-do attitude, optimistic
- Consummate team player
- Exceptionally customer centric
- Confident and assertive, yet humble and respectful, i.e. able to act with persuasion and respect and humility simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong communication, problem avoidance and problem solving skills
- Long term thinker who is able to quickly grasp the big picture needs
- Self-sufficient with a strong sense of urgency and able to prioritize
- Advanced to expert Excel & Estimating software skills, intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office, MS Project, Adobe Acrobat Pro, etc.