Assistant Project Manager – Renovo Construction
Renovo Construction is a General Contractor business created by DLC in 2021. Since Renovo is an affiliate company of DLC, a leading owner and operator of shopping centers, we have access to a pipeline of continual business with some of the world’s most iconic brands including Starbucks, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Homegoods, Burlington, Ross, AspenDental & Wellnow. More on DLC below! The business plan is to grow Renovo into a $100M+/yr General Contractor executing projects both internally and for external clients. Renovo is a people-driven company that hires top talent and works with best-in-class partners.
Founded in 1991, DLC is one of the nation’s leading owners and operators of open-air shopping centers. Our portfolio includes over 17 million square feet of attractive retail space. We manage over 100 properties, run a 3rd party services business, and own an architectural services firm.
DLC is a six-time certified Great Place to Work. This designation was granted based on teammate feedback and placed us in an elite tier above the average workplace. At DLC, our employees are the most essential asset to the Company. Recruiting, developing, and retaining great talent is vital to any leadership position within the firm.
What You’ll Do:
- Project Management: manage project status, monthly reporting; contracts, change orders, insurance certificates, invoices and project billings; vendor sourcing and approval
- Prepare bid lists, scope descriptions, bid criteria, and responsibility schedules; Review bid packages for completeness and accuracy
- Maintain construction management system including setting up projects (jobs), budgets, job costs, cost codes, progress reports, etc.
- Develop and implement annual project budgets and forecasting
- Prepare lender draw requests and process Tenant Improvement Allowances
- Prepare the master construction program schedule, as well as milestone and phasing schedules
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or related field is preferred
- Basic knowledge of project structure in a construction environment
- Proactive and energetic with a creative disposition and capability of solving problems with resourcefulness
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Takes initiative, deadline driven and superb follow up and follow through
- Strong systems experience – MRI, Nexus and Pro Core are all a plus!
- Ability to travel
Who We Are:
We are a growing, best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs. At DLC and Renovo, we strongly believe in Entrepreneurial Citizenship. You are here to succeed, but you also know that the greatest rewards demand that every teammate works together to help one another succeed. Your role is critical, as are those of your teammates, but we will all accomplish far more helping each other as a team than acting as individuals. We are looking for new teammates who are:
- Genuine – You are self-confident, but you don’t have an ego. You act with integrity, and you treat everyone around you with respect. You celebrate your team’s collective wins over your own, and you recognize the contributions and successes of your teammates.
- Agile – You move quickly, easily, and flexibly in response to changing situations and the needs of your clients and teammates. When a situation can be improved, you are first in line to facilitate the needed changes.
- Curious – You are innately curious with a strong desire to learn and know. You always take the time to ask thoughtful questions because you constantly want to achieve more.
- Resilient – You overcome and quickly bounce back from setbacks. You help your teammates get back on track when they are knocked down, and you learn from and welcome similar help from those around you.
- Unstoppable – You welcome challenges, and you do not give up when a situation looks bleak or unsolvable. You know there are critical times when the only way to achieve optimal results is by committing to and taking the necessary extra steps.