At DLC Management Corporation we are passionate about unleashing human potential to unlock value at our properties. Do you thrive on challenging the status quo and exceeding expectations?
We pride ourselves on being a highly effective team of real estate professionals who consistently identify creative solutions to challenging situations. Our recent success has allowed our portfolio and operations to expand and now we’re on a mission to find the next great Vice President of Leasing. This role will be a player/coach role, responsible for managing a team of three (3), deal-making, and overseeing all leasing responsibilities for half of the DLC portfolio. We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to go the extra mile, has a passion for deal-making, and a desire to develop skills and knowledge.
We live, eat, and breathe the DLC #Success culture. #Success at DLC is working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable, and enjoyable place to work.
Currently, our Elmsford, New York team is on the hunt for that ideal candidate that fits our collaborative #Success culture. We seek a candidate who can establish strategic leasing plans for critical properties throughout DLC’s national portfolio, and focus the majority of his/her time working with the team to execute on those plans.
The Big Picture:
- Coach, develop, and remove obstacles for their leasing team
- A keen focus on constant growth as a dealmaker, leader, and real estate pro.
- Collaborate with other departments to execute deals from start to finish – daily coordination with property management, construction, and legal departments
- Embody and promote DLC’s collaborative #Success culture both internally and externally
- Execute business plans for assigned properties and surpass leasing budgets
- Facilitate expeditious execution of often complex lease deals
- Detect and implement non-traditional approaches to add value
- Create and maintain strong relationships with tenants and brokers
- Be an expert on the industry and assigned markets
The Day to Day:
- Work with team to creatively source leads
- Consistently work to motivate and inspire the team
- Teach complicated leasing technical skills to team members
- Mentor people on core prospecting skills such as cold calling, door to door canvasing, and networking
- Work through complicated lease negotiations on small shop, ground leases, and box transactions
- Maintain database of tenants and regularly communicate leasing opportunities with them
- Utilize social media to provide the real estate community with relevant content and to share opportunities in our shopping centers
- Qualify potential tenants
- Negotiate lease terms including, but not limited to rent, term, extra charges, and construction allowances
- Attend leasing conventions and other industry events to represent DLC and its properties
- Lead portfolio reviews at retailer offices
Our Next Vice President of Leasing:
- 8 to 15 years of retail leasing experience
- Proven deal sheet; deep understanding of deal structures
- Prior management experience preferred
- The ability to lead and inspire
- Existing tenant and broker relationships
- Pro negotiator and closer
- Skilled communicator
- Problem solver
- All right with frequent travel
- Efficient multitasker
- Ideal team player
- Strong technical aptitude
- Coachable – eager to grow and learn
- Perseverant and positive attitude
Sound like you? Let’s talk.