At DLC Management Corporation we are a best-in-class team that empowers and enriches human potential to unlock value at our properties. We pride ourselves on being a highly effective team of real estate entrepreneurs who consistently deliver creative solutions to challenging situations.
Our success is driving an expansion of our portfolio, and we are on the hunt for a Vice President of Acquisitions. We are looking for a teammate who is highly collaborative and professional with strong interpersonal skills as this role will partner with internal teammates, equity partners/investors, owners and brokers. This is a unique opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a company that focuses on culture and teammate experience first and foremost. The successful candidate will be joining an industry-leading leadership team with great room for growth.
We live, eat, and breathe the DLC #Success culture, which we define as working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable, and enjoyable place to work. If you put people and culture over everything, if you have an uncanny ability to connect with others and if you share our desire to create an even better place to work, we want to meet you!
About the Role
The VP of Acquisitions will be responsible for leading and managing the acquisition process including: sourcing and underwriting (in conjunction with DLC’s Capital Markets team) value add retail real estate investment opportunities; negotiating LOIs and PSAs; coordinating the due diligence process with our Transactions Team; financing new acquisitions with our Capital Markets team; and preparing and presenting investment memorandums to DLC’s Executive Management team. The successful candidate will be joining an industry leader with a 30-year track record of growth and a successful investment track record. The company currently plans to double its investment portfolio over the next 3-5 years.
Our Next Vice President of Acquisitions has:
- Established track record of sourcing and closing acquisitions (retail shopping centers a must, with an emphasis on value add and opportunistic opportunities)
- Proficiency in Argus and Excel modeling for complex value add acquisitions
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and experience building relationships at all levels and within all disciplines internally and externally
- Deep professional network with strong relationships across retail sales brokers and owners
- Entrepreneurial forward-thinking mindset that seeks to solve challenges
- Collaborative, respectful, inclusive, positive attitude
- Strong sense of urgency and desire to consistently outperform
- Strong negotiation skills
- High degree of professionalism, integrity and strong work ethic
- Ability to prepare and present executive-level presentations
- Ability to and interest in traveling regularly