Who We Are:
We are a growing best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for all of our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS—working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable and enjoyable place to work.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
Our invaluable, in-house expertise delivers excellence in all facets of real estate improvements including: Leasing, Property Management, Acquisitions and Dispositions, Development, Third Party Services and Outsourced Retailer Services.
Working at DLC:
DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to Work. This designation, which we earned 3 years in a row, was granted based on employee feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus and our employees are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference. For an inside look into our company culture, check out: https://youtu.be/Oi7bziPlkB0.
About the Role:
The Staff Accountant is an instrumental part of the Accounting team and will be responsible for:
- Processing Accounts Payable
- Vendor file maintenance
- Preparing year end 1099’s
- Serving as administrator in Nexus vendor connect
- Preparing wire transfers
- Processing Accounts Receivable ACH’s
- Handling deposits
- Preparing and maintaining schedules and invoice corporate reimbursements (Amex, ICSC, Marketing, Legal, Management Fee, IT, insurance, postage and other misc.)
- Invoicing brokers’ commissions
- Preparing sales tax returns
- Prepare bank reconciliations for management related entities
- Prepare and record Concur (travel and employee costs) expenses
- Quarterly audit of Concur expenses
- Coordinating with outside tax consultants on information flow
- Maintaining and updating DLC’s GL’s and prepare bank reconciliations on a periodic basis
- Maintaining entity income tax payment tracking schedules
- Assist with year-end corporate financial statement and tax return work papers and information
- Maintaining lender draw tracking and process requests
Desired Skills & Expertise:
- 4 Year Accounting Degree
- 2-4 years of experience in a small or medium sized accounting firm with bookkeeping or comparable corporate accounting experience
- Strong IT skills: MRI, Nexus (or similar) knowledge a plus
- Detail oriented, strong analytical skills and highly organized with the ability to multitask
- Strong decision-making ability
- Proficient in Excel
- Accounts Payable experience a plus
- Experience preparing state and local taxes a plus