At DLC Management Corporation we are passionate about unleashing human potential to unlock value at our properties. Do you thrive on challenging the status quo and exceeding expectations?
We pride ourselves on being a highly effective team of real estate professionals who consistently identify creative solutions to challenging situations. Our recent success has allowed our portfolio and operations to expand and now we’re on a mission to find the next great Senior Vice President of Construction. This role will be responsible for overseeing our construction management department and delivering projects ahead of schedule and under budget. We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to go the extra mile, has a passion for inspiring others, and a desire to strategically pivot a department in a short period of time.
We live, eat, and breathe the DLC #Success culture. #Success at DLC is working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable, and enjoyable place to work.
Our next Senior Vice President of Construction will have the entrepreneurial spirit that is embedded in our #Success culture. This means we are looking for a Captain and not a Coach. They will lead the department, guide others, but also jump in and lead by example.
The Big Picture:
- Become a key contributor to the re-development and value creation efforts of the overall company.
- Strategically evaluate the construction management department’s organizational chart to prepare the company for the future.
- With the CM team, enhance and improve our network of local general contractors, consultants, and vendors across the country quickly.
- Engage with municipalities to implement company initiatives at an expedited pace.
- Implement new processes and procedures to increase speed and efficiency while executing on existing business plans.
- Align the department, build and grow teammates to make the CM department a valued component of the overall value creation team at DLC.
- Work with multiple departments to ensure that all jobs are below budget and ahead of schedule.
- Work with executive management to make sure that we exceed the company’s construction management budgeted fee stream.
The Day to Day:
- Manage key projects personally while also managing the department’s project flow.
- Assist the estimating department and leasing teams to value engineer, change scope, and value down costs with General Contractors.
- Bid out jobs and bid walk-throughs.
- Review GC financials and contracts.
- Meet with architects and consultants on projects.
- Review plans.
- Participate in corporate business planning and budgeting.
- Review all internal construction management processes and procedures to implement changes to expedite workflows.
- Update teammates in other departments on status of budgets and projects in real time.
- Update key stakeholders, investors, and partners frequently on the status of budgets and projects in real time.
- Consistently work to motivate and inspire the team.
Our Next Senior Vice President of Construction:
- 15 to 20 years of experience in Construction Management
- Landlord/Owner’s Rep experience preferred
- Prior leadership roles required
- Experience with Tenant build-outs in shopping centers required
- National relationships with General Contractors preferred
- A sense of urgency and desire to consistently outperform
- Ability to adjust when plans change with speed and accuracy
- A passion for inspiring others
- Negotiating skills required
- Ability to estimate jobs without plans
- Coachable – eager to learn and grow
- Knowledge of commercial lease agreements