DLC Management Corporation is seeking a highly experienced Regional VP of Property Management to join our HQ office in Elmsford, New York. Reporting directly to the SVP of Property Management and working collaboratively with all internal departments (Leasing, Construction, Legal, etc.), the Regional VP of Property Management will serve as a leader and creative thinker for the value creation and capital improvement projects that will enable outperformance of individual properties and his / her overall portfolio.
- Leading direct reports as well as dotted line reports towards achieving departmental and company goals.
- Work with SVP of Property Management and other Regional VPs of Property Management on the overall leadership and management of the property management department.
- Develop a strong understanding of the real estate markets and communities in which portfolio assets are located.
- Oversee/lead the annual budgeting process for assigned portfolio
- Continually monitor financial performance and develop and implement adjustments to strategic and operating plans, as appropriate.
- Prepare/monitor monthly and quarterly portfolio reports
- Oversee and manage day-to-day operation and capital expenditure projects for assigned portfolio
- In coordination with SVP Property Management, monitor staff and activities to ensure that the operating plan is being carried out and the company’s objectives are being satisfied with regard to property maintenance, tenant service, contractor relations, competitive pricing of services, staff development, and other property management functions.
- Identify and implement improvements to internal departmental policies and across assigned portfolio for and procedures for the utmost efficiency
- Support development and acquisitions departments on revenue and operational costs associated with new development or acquisition properties. Support the development of annual property operating and capital allocation budgets for new transactions.
- Oversee evaluation and negotiation of service contracts for vendors
- Ensure compliance with local codes, laws and any other regulations
- Assist with due diligence related to property acquisitions
- Conduct site visits as necessary
- Meet regularly with leasing peers to keep a pulse on all properties within the portfolio
- Leadership — confident and energetic, self-directed with superior interpersonal skills. Effective as a persuader and negotiator, inspiring the trust of others. Demonstrates and requires accountability, exhibits sound independent judgment. Upholds highest ethical standards with integrity.
- Strategic Thinking & Decision Making — makes logical decision based on metrics and analytics, proven problem solver. Uses data, experience, and intuition to lead process improvement.
- Innovation – compulsive relative to continuous improvement methodologies to drive productivity and process improvements. Implements best practices, meets challenges with creativity and resourcefulness.
- Operational Focus and Results Oriented — creates operational strategic plans to optimize the processes, systems, and personnel to deliver growth and service. Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of key performance indicators, client requirements, performance and quality standards.
- Communication — exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills, strong presentation skills, and confident public speaking ability. Demonstrates skills in collaborative discussion of problems and resolution of issues. Exhibits a high degree of diplomacy, respect, and trustworthiness. Excellent at developing and nurturing relationships with clients, community business leaders, and other stakeholders.
Desired Skills & Expertise:
10+ years of Property Management experience with at least 5 years within the retail shopping center space
Solid understanding of financial performance indicators
Proven ability to manage budget performance
Strong working knowledge of facilities management, building systems, and components
Experience soliciting RFPs for capital expenditure projects
Must have outstanding leadership, supervisory and staff development skills
Ability to develop and promote teamwork and an enjoyable, collaborative working environment
Strong technical skills and knowledge of Property Management operating systems
Must be a highly motivated problem solver who is able to handle multiple projects on an ongoing basis
Must be decisive and results-oriented with a high sense of urgency
Demonstrated ability to think laterally rather than dogmatically following policy or standard industry practice
Ability to travel regularly