Who We Are:
We are a growing best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for all of our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS—working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable and enjoyable place to work.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
At DLC, we are passionate, highly entrepreneurial and we have grit. We strive to achieve what some may think is impossible. Our success has allowed our portfolio and our team to expand and we are now on a search to find a Redevelopment Associate to join our Redevelopment team.
Working at DLC:
DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to Work. This designation, which we earned 3 years in a row, was granted based on employee feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus and our employees are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference. For an inside look into our company culture, check out: https://youtu.be/Oi7bziPlkB0.
About The Role:
The Redevelopment Associate is an instrumental part of the newly created Redevelopment team. Reporting into the Director of Redevelopment, the Associate will assist the team with all of our redevelopment projects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Research and understand site entitlements, regulatory requirements and assist with implementation into each redevelopment project
- Attend offsite entitlement meetings with various municipalities
- Assist in the preparation and management of project budgets
- Assist in the preparation and management of project timelines including obtaining all entitlements, building permits and site plan approvals
- Assist with coordination and management of consultants through all phases of design
- Collaborate with internal teammates across all disciplines (Leasing, Construction, Legal, etc.
What you’ll need:
- Client (both internal and external) focused; respectful in all interactions
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to adapt easily to change and pivot when necessary
- Ability to be creative and see past problems to solutions or see opportunity where others do not
- Unquestioned integrity and reputation
- Extreme hunger- you do more than what’s required
- High level of emotional intelligence with the ability to connect with others
- A great deal of humility and puts the team first
- Willingness to take initiative and complete projects independently in a timely fashion without excessive oversight
- Outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the company
- Inquisitive mind and desire to learn