At DLC Management Corp., we are passionate about unleashing human potential to unlock value at our properties. We pride ourselves on being a highly effective team of real estate professionals who consistently identify creative solutions to challenging situations.
We are inspired by the DLC #Success culture, which is working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable, and enjoyable place to work.
Our success has allowed our portfolio and operations to expand and now we’re on a mission to find the next Real Estate Associate to join our Leasing team in our HQ office! We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to go the extra mile, challenge the status quo, has a passion for deal-making and commercial real estate, and a desire to develop skills and knowledge.
No experience? No problem! This is a great entry-level opportunity for recent college graduates or those with a couple years of general sales experience. We will provide dynamic learning and training!
What Will You Do?
- Become familiar with the different vernacular in commercial real estate.
- Learn the process to cultivating leads that turn into executed deals in retail real estate.
- Identify prospective tenants and present leasing opportunities through cold calling and canvassing.
- Learn how to attract and maintain large national retailers, restaurant chains, and small businesses to lease space in the DLC Portfolio.
- Show available spaces to potential tenants.
- Learn strategies that retailers use in site selection of shopping centers.
- Assist with incoming leasing inquiries & sourcing/developing leads.
- Assist in negotiating new lease proposals and lease renewals.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of direct marketing campaigns.
- Maintain market awareness: prospective tenants, competing shopping centers, market rents and trends.
- Ability to travel (sometimes overnight) to our properties, conventions and industry events.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Motivated by rejection and not dejected.
- Can survive in pressure scenarios but thrive under pressure.
- A hunter “go-getter” mentality vs. a fisherman “wait and see” mentality.
- Have an acute ability to cultivate relationships.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills with the ability to capture the attention of small & large audiences.
- A lack of patience – doesn’t wait for things to happen, you make them happen.
- Understand the foundation of team success and puts the team before yourself.
- An insatiable desire to read.
- Understand how to navigate different personalities and have a high level of social intelligence.
- Ability to relocate to one of our four offices after completion of the leasing associate program (preferred).