This role will be based in Atlanta, GA.
Who We Are:
We are a growing best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for all of our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS—working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable and enjoyable place to work.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
Our invaluable, in-house expertise delivers excellence in all facets of real estate improvements including: Leasing, Property Management, Acquisitions and Dispositions, Development, Third Party Services and Outsourced Retailer Services.
Working at DLC:
DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to Work. This designation, which we earned 3 years in a row, was granted based on employee feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus and our employees are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference.
For an inside look into our company culture, check out: https://youtu.be/Oi7bziPlkB0.
About The Role:
The Property Management Associate role is a great opportunity for someone to learn about property management and the commercial real estate business from the ground up. A list of responsibilities is listed below:
- Provide support to the Property Management Team – assisting with all forms of correspondence, research, and record-keeping.
- Assist with departmental processes and procedures.
- Handle review of invoices, maintenance requests, and insurance certificates.
- Assist in the day-to-day management of multiple properties.
- Assist in budget management, including planning, review, and execution.
- Learning how commercial retail properties work, helping to identify maintenance needs and how to maintain property standards.
- Assist in anticipating future needs by being proactive to avoid future unneeded expenses.
- Assist in reviewing contracts for services provided to the properties, negotiating new contracts as needed, and ensuring contracts are executed as agreed upon.
- Work with the Property Management Team to prepare reports as required.
- Develop a technical skillset to support operations of commercial retail properties.
- Be prepared to deal with onsite issues that require immediate attention.
- Be a face of the company along with the rest of the Property Management Team.
Desired Skills & Expertise:
- No property management experience required- we will give you the tools and skillset to be successful.
- Efficient, organized, and resourceful, with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Highly effective communicator.
- Works well in group settings and apricates team-based success.
- Confident in making decisions under pressure and being able to think of your feet.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office.