Who We Are:
We are a growing best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for all of our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS—working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable and enjoyable place to work.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
Working at DLC:
DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to Work. This designation was granted based on employee feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus and our employees are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference.
For an inside look into our company culture, check out: https://youtu.be/Oi7bziPlkB0.
About the Role:
The DLC Accounting team is seeking a Property Accountant in Elmsford, NY due to the continued growth and expansion of its asset portfolio.
The position will be responsible for accounting, financial reporting, financial analysis and providing general business support for a portfolio of properties. It is highly desirous that the applicant be a self-starter and prior real estate accounting experience is a plus.
- Prepare monthly income tax and or GAAP based financial statements with analysis of actual to budget variances
- Continuous interaction with all other departments within DLC including but not limited to Leasing, Property Management, Construction and Legal
- Prepare monthly property summaries encompassing data from Legal, Construction and operations groups
- Responsible for lender debt compliance
- Responsible for overseeing billing and collection of tenant rents
- Assist in the resolution of tenant billing inquiries with legal group
- Perform bank, debt and equity reconciliations on assigned properties
- Manage the cash position of each assigned entity including calculating distribution of excess funds or notifying management of possible shortfalls.
- Maintain the general ledgers on assigned assets
- Record all necessary monthly prepaid and accrual entries
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets
- Work with outside auditors to complete annual audits and tax returns
- Act as a liaison between other departments and offices by answering inquiries
- Prepare year end CAM and Real Estate Tax escalation calculations and billings
- Special projects as required: due diligence on acquisitions/dispositions, property set-up on acquisitions, new property software programs, etc.
Our Next Property Accountant:
- Undergraduate Accounting Degree
- 2-4 years of experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Confident self-starter possessed with an analytical and inquisitive mind-set
- Must be able to handle multiple deadlines and prioritize work accordingly
- Prior Real Estate industry experience a plus
- MRI knowledge a plus