This position is based in Atlanta, GA
Who We Are:
We are a growing best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for all of our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS—working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable and enjoyable place to work. Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
Working at DLC:
DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to Work. This designation was granted based on employee feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace. At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus and our employees are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference. For an inside look into our company culture, check out: https://youtu.be/Oi7bziPlkB0.
About the Role:
The DLC Accounting team is seeking a Junior Property Accountant to join our regional office in Atlanta, GA. The position will be responsible for accounting, financial reporting, and providing general business support for a portfolio of properties.
- Prepare monthly income tax and or GAAP based financial statements with analysis of actual to budget variances
- Prepare monthly property reports encompassing data from legal, construction and operations groups
- Responsible for lender debt compliance
- Responsible for overseeing billing and collection of tenant rents
- Assist in the resolution of tenant billing inquiries with legal group
- Operating account, mortgage and escrow reconciliations on assigned properties
- Maintain the general ledgers on assigned asset
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets
- Continuous interaction with leasing agents and property managers on assigned properties
- Work with outside auditors to complete annual audits and tax returns
- Act as a liaison between other departments and offices by answering inquiries
- Special projects as required: due diligence on acquisitions, property set-up on acquisitions, new property software programs, etc.
- Prepare year end CAM and Real Estate Tax escalation calculations and billings
Our Next Junior Property Accountant:
- Undergraduate Accounting Degree
- 0-2 years of experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and Excel skills
- Confident self-starter possessed with an analytical and inquisitive mind-set
- Must be able to handle multiple deadlines and prioritize work accordingly
- Prior Real Estate industry experience a plus
- MRI knowledge a plus