Who We Are:
We are a growing best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for all of our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS—working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable and enjoyable place to work.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
Working at DLC:
DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to Work. This designation was granted based on employee feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus and our employees are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference.
For an inside look into our company culture, check out: https://youtu.be/Oi7bziPlkB0.
About the role:
The Project Manager is an integral part of the Construction Management team and will run assigned DLC construction initiatives and specifically carry out the responsibilities listed below:
- Generate existing conditions surveys
- Manage the design process: source, contact, manage A&E teams
- Generate conceptual estimates and line item take offs
- Scope reduction Analysis / Cost Savings / Value Engineering
- Generate milestone, phasing and project schedules
- Provide feasibility site logistics studies
- Prepare bid lists, scope descriptions, bid criteria, responsibility schedules. Review bid packages for completeness & accuracy and level bids.
- Solicit proposals and manage the negotiation process. Prepare and review contracts & exhibits for completeness & accuracy.
- Manage Change Order review and negotiation process. Support Change Order database in partnership with Project Administration. Work with consultants and Preconstruction to mitigate trending/reoccurring Change Orders.
- Manage Job Cost in MRI through project close out.
- Assists Tenant Coordination with all technical aspects of construction coordination and communication
- Accountable for delivering assigned Landlord work projects on budget and schedule (lease turnover dates)
- Manage permit and approval process
- Manage project status reporting and approvals in collaboration with Project Coordinator
- Manage contracts, change orders, insurance certificates, invoices and applications for payments in collaboration with Project Administrator
- Manage warranty matters
- Manage Assistant PM’s
- Support project lease executions, accountable through project closeout
- Establish and maintain relationships with existing and new clients (tenants).
- Foster and enhances relationships with clients (tenants), architects, engineers, and contractors.
- Partner with Legal, Leasing, Property Management and Acquisitions
- Proactively participate in Vendor sourcing and pre-qualification process
- Support department CM Fees process in partnership with Tenant Coordinator, Pre-construction and Project Administration
- Support CRM budget approval process
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture
- 5 – 10 years of construction operations experience required (prior experience with shopping centers preferred)
- Able to travel on a regular basis
- Positive, can-do attitude, optimistic
- Consummate team player
- Confident and assertive, yet humble and respectful, i.e. able to act with persuasion and respect and humility simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong communication, problem avoidance, and problem-solving skills
- A long-term thinker who is able to quickly grasp the big picture needs
- Self-sufficient with a strong sense of urgency and able to prioritize
- Advanced to expert MS Project and Project Management software skills, intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, etc.