Mount Prospect, IL
Who We Are:
We are a growing best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for all of our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
What is #SUCCESS: DLC defines #success as working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable, enjoyable place to work. The successful candidate will embrace and embody this culture and strive for collaboratively successful outcomes.
Working at DLC:
DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to Work. This designation was granted based on employee feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus and our employees are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference.
About the Role:
The Marketing Manager is an integral part of the team and will manage the day to day marketing objectives of the property. Reporting directly into the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Manager will assist in the strategic development and implementation of marketing programs, events, promotions, advertising campaigns, public relations, tenant relations, community relations and sponsorships.
- Plan and implement all marketing efforts at the property to exceed the marketing plan goals
- Develop and manage annual marketing plans/budget
- Support and activate all consumer promotional concepts, events, services, and marketing programs that drive sales/traffic and NOI growth
- Measure marketing effectiveness and results through reporting, research programs, and analytical tools
- Develop and foster positive relationships with tenants, community civic organizations, local media, vendors and all internal teammates
- Work with property general manager to align resources in support of marketing plan execution and other strategic targets
- Develop and coordinate onsite events- handle pre- event prep, day of set up and take down
- Create and monitor effective social media content (contests, giveaways and other digital programs)
- Manage the local production and use of on-site collateral and materials and ensure all brand standards are followed
- Participate in Reception rotation as needed, attend staff meetings and uphold other relevant management responsibilities
- Proactively initiate ideas for testing new marketing channels, campaigns and concepts
- Assist Marketing Department with updating the website and writing and distributing merchant newsletters, memos and flyers
- Administration of marketing programming including filing, keeping records, ordering supplies, etc.
Our Ideal Marketing Manager Has:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience in sales, sponsorship, strategic marketing, event management, and budgeting
- Knowledge of retail real estate management, marketing and advertising and working knowledge of the media industry
- Shopping Center and/or Event Planning experience (strongly preferred)
- Budget, organization, and project management skills to effectively manage multi projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in managing digital/social media platforms
- Flexibility to work varied schedules including weekends and evenings