** THIS POSITION IS LOCATED AT RANDHURST VILLAGE IN MOUNT PROSPECT, IL **
Who We Are:
We are a growing best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for all of our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS—working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable and enjoyable place to work.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
Working at DLC:
DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to Work. This designation was granted based on employee feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus and our employees are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference.
For an inside look into our company culture, check out: https://youtu.be/Oi7bziPlkB0.
About the role:
The Maintenance Supervisor is in the NW suburbs and is responsible for preserving the good condition and functionality of the premises. This role will perform maintenance tasks of great variety such as painting, HVAC maintenance, minor electrical, carpentry, etc. as well as the responsibilities below:
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards
- Perform maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels etc.)
- Diagnose heating and perform HVAC basic cleaning and repairs as needed (HVAC coils, replace filters etc.)
- Perform maintenance of plumbing systems to ensure functionality
- Coordinate annual fire sprinkler alarm system inspections and schedule repairs when needed
- Perform manual repairs and place orders when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.)
- Conduct general upkeep procedures and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry plumbing, electrical )
- Perform annual inventory of shop equipment and supplies.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience as maintenance technician (references required)
- Basic understanding of electrical, mechanical, and other systems
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances, and devices
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
- Analytical with keen attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent, HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field will be a plus
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) is desired
- Certificate in OSHA course work a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus