Who We Are:
We are a growing best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for all of our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS—working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable and enjoyable place to work.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
Working at DLC:
DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to Work. This designation was granted based on employee feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus and our employees are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference.
For an inside look into our company culture, check out: https://youtu.be/Oi7bziPlkB0.
About The Role:
the Leasing Counsel is an integral part of the Legal team and will be responsible for preparing and negotiating retail leases, lease amendments and other related documents with national and regional retailers.
Desired Skills & Expertise.
The successful candidate must:
- Have 7-10 years of experience as an attorney in the shopping center and/or retail industry
- Have Significant experience negotiating leases for national tenants taking spaces over 20,000 SF
- Have Strong communication, negotiation and writing skills
- Be detail oriented, intelligent, and organized
- Be positive and have a professional demeanor
- Work well in group setting and as part of a team
- Work well in a fast paced environment that requires flexibility
- Be admitted to practice in NY