At DLC Management Corporation we are passionate about unleashing human potential to unlock value at our properties. Do you thrive on challenging the status quo and exceeding expectations?
We pride ourselves on being a highly effective team of real estate professionals who consistently identify creative solutions to challenging situations. Our recent success has allowed our portfolio and operations to expand and now we’re on a mission to find the next great Leasing Associate. We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to go the extra mile, has a passion for deal-making, and a desire to develop skills and knowledge.
We live the DLC #Success culture which is working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable, and enjoyable place to work.
Currently, our Westchester, NY team is on the hunt for a leasing associate which is our entry level sales position. Are you the person who fits our collaborative #Success culture, has a desire to be on the front lines of revenue generation and has a passion for commercial real estate?
The Big Picture:
- Learn the process to cultivating leads that turn into executed deals in retail real estate.
- In the beginning work with small businesses to attract them to lease space in the DLC Portfolio.
- Learn the process by which to attract and maintain large national retailers and restaurant chains to lease space in the DLC Portfolio.
- Identify prospective tenants and present leasing opportunities through cold calling and canvassing.
- Learn strategies that retailers use in site selection of shopping centers.
- Learn the different vernacular in commercial real estate.
- Assist with incoming leasing inquiries & sourcing/developing leads.
- Show available spaces to potential tenants.
- Assist in negotiating new lease proposals and lease renewals.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of direct marketing campaigns.
- Maintain market awareness: prospective tenants, competing shopping centers, market rents and trends.
- Ability to travel at times overnight to our properties and to conventions, industry events (travel expenses paid by the company).
- Recent college grads wanted.
- The ideal candidate will be motivated by rejection and not dejected.
- The ideal candidate will not only survive in pressure scenarios but thrive under pressure.
- The ideal candidate will have an acute ability to cultivate relationships.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills. The ideal candidate will be able to capture the attention of small and large audiences.
- A lack of patience. This candidate doesn’t wait for things to happen, they make them happen.
- A hunter “go-getter” mentality vs. a fisherman “wait and see” mentality. A strong desire to learn and grow professionally.
- The ideal candidate understands the foundation of team success is to put the team before themselves.
- An insatiable desire to read
- The ideal candidate will understand how to navigate different personalities and have a high level of social intelligence.
- Ability to relocate to one of our four offices after completion of the leasing associate program preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior leasing experience is not required, however, 1 to 2 years of previous leasing, brokerage, or general sales experience is ok.