Who We Are:
We are a growing best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for all of our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS—working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable and enjoyable place to work.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
Working at DLC:
DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to Work. This designation, which we earned 3 years in a row, was granted based on employee feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace. At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus and our employees are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Staff Lease Administrator is an integral part of the team and will be responsible for:
- Extracting and interpreting the common area maintenance (CAM)/insurance/tax section of tenant leases
- Setting up, continuous monitoring & updating of reconciliation expense pools within MRI
- Preparing CAM, tax, and insurance reconciliations under tight deadlines
- Preparing and tracking annual, semi-annual, and quarterly real estate tax chargebacks for select national tenants
- Preparing reconciliations for sold properties to provide to buyer
- Tracking sold entities and collecting due amounts from buyer
- Managing and tracking of CAM disputes with national & local tenants
- Supplying tenants with reconciliations and applicable backup through the AR software, VersaPay
- Ensure reconciliations are paid within 120 days by reaching out to tenants via emails and telephone calls
- Assisting the leasing and legal departments in CAM, tax, insurance calculations during the lease negotiation phase to project estimates of a tenant’s CAM charges
- Monitoring of CAM expense in the general ledger and acting as a liaison between accounting and property managers to ensure the accuracy of CAM expenses
- Review of Leaseprobe upload of new leases and amendments in MRI for accuracy
- Assisting property accountants with the creation & updating of property budgets within MRI
- Updating the CAM, Real Estate Tax and Insurance based on budget into the CRM software for leasing.
- Assist Lease Admin Manager on ad hoc projects
Our Ideal Candidate:
- BS or BA required
- Basic accounting background
- Experience in lease administration or reading/interpreting lease language
- Knowledge of the MRI software preferred
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize and manage tight deadlines
- Organized and reliable with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- A proactive teamplayer with a positive can-do attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills