Who We Are:
We are a growing best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for all our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS—working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable, and enjoyable place to work.
DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to Work. This designation, which we earned 5 years in a row, was granted based on employee feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace. At DLC, Human Capital is our focus, and our teammates are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it is the people who make the difference. For an inside look into our company culture, check out: https://youtu.be/Oi7bziPlkB0.
About the Role:
Our Accounting team is seeking a Financial Reporting Accountant who will work closely with the team to review, improve and implement accounting policies.
- Complete involvement with all accounting and reporting functions of assigned portfolios, including reporting results internally and externally.
- Beginning to end preparation and review of monthly financial statements as prescribed by the operating agreement.
- Prepare monthly property reporting packages incorporating data from legal, construction, leasing, asset management and property management.
- Develop, maintain and provide information to asset management, acquisitions/dispositions, and any other related parties.
- Collaborate with counterparts of DLC’s joint venture partners in the presentation of financial reports, information and inquires.
- Work with the JV Property accountants to fully understand significant operation related events, such as but not limited to tenant turnover, TI, Capex, and other material expenditures or changes to current and future expectations.
- Review general ledger and trial balances for completeness and accuracy.
- Responsible for cash flow and budget management of assigned entities, including but not limited to current and future cash projections. This also involves collaborating with Construction Management and Property Management on lender and/or self-funding of expenditures.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Effectively communicate with lenders and prepare lender debt compliance of portfolio properties as well as legacy entities as assigned.
- Participate in the review and preparation of annual budgets.
- Work with outside auditors to complete annual audits and tax returns including the preparation of annual financial statements.
- Work with cash receipts clerk to ensure receipts are applied properly and timely. Assist clerk with collection efforts on an as needed basis.
- Prepare and review annual tenant reconciliations of common area maintenance, tax and insurance escrow. Follow up with tenants on collections of these amounts, specifically national tenants that require supporting documentation the clerks generally cannot provide.
- Prepare tenant billings. Bill monthly rent charges, verifying all changes from the prior months charges and manual billings as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2-4 years of experience preparing financial statements
- 2-4 years of experience in public accounting, a plus!
- Previous experience in audit and tax, preferred
- Must have strong analytical capabilities to prepare and present variance analysis both internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task and be able to manage multiple portfolios and or entities simultaneously
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize and manage tight deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of all accounting functions
"*" indicates required fields