DLC Management Corporation, one of the nation’s preeminent private retail real estate companies, is seeking a Financial Reporting Accountant to join our Corporate HQ office in Elmsford, NY. Reporting directly to the Chief Accounting Officer, the Financial Reporting Accountant will work closely with the CAO to review, improve and implement sound accounting policies.
- Manage, lead and train Property Accountants and junior accounting staff.
- Complete involvement with all accounting and reporting functions of assigned portfolios, including reporting results internally and externally.
- Beginning to end preparation and review of monthly financial statements as prescribed by the operating agreement.
- Prepare monthly property reporting packages incorporating data from legal, construction, leasing, asset management and property management.
- Be able to work within set time constraints and strictly adhere to and be aware of deadlines and due dates.
- Develop, maintain and provide information to asset management, acquisitions/dispositions, and any other related parties
- Interact with counterparts of DLC’s joint venture partners in the presentation of financial reports, information and inquires.
- Work with the JV Property accountants to fully understand significant operation related events, such as but not limited to tenant turnover, TI, Capex, and other material expenditures or changes to current and future expectations.
- Review general ledger and trial balances for completeness and accuracy.
- Responsible for cash flow and budget management of assigned entities, including but not limited to current and future cash projections. This also includes working with the controller, CM and PM on lender and or self-funding of expenditures.
- Interact and maintain communication with lenders and prepare lender debt compliance of portfolio properties as well as legacy entities as assigned.
- Participate in the review and preparation of annual budgets.
- Work with outside auditors to complete annual audits and tax returns including the preparation of annual financial statements.
Desired Skills & Expertise:
- 5+ years of experience in public accounting
- 5+ years of experience preparing financial statements
- Previous experience in audit and tax preferred
- Ability to multi-task and be able to simultaneously manage multiple portfolios and or entities
- Must have strong analytical capabilities to prepare and present variance analysis both internally and externally
- Knowledge and understanding of all accounting functions of the company