Who We Are:
We are a growing best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for all of our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS—working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable and enjoyable place to work.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions. Our invaluable, in-house expertise delivers excellence in all facets of real estate improvements including: Leasing, Property Management, Acquisitions and Dispositions, Development, Third Party Services and Outsourced Retailer Services.
Working at DLC:
DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to Work. This designation, which we earned 3 years in a row, was granted based on employee feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus and our employees are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference. For an inside look into our company culture, check out: https://youtu.be/Oi7bziPlkB0.
About the Role:
DLC Management is seeking a Financial Reporting Accountant to join our Corporate HQ office in Elmsford, NY. Reporting directly to the Senior Financial Reporting Accountant, this position will work closely with the team to review, improve and implement sound accounting policies.
- Manage, lead and train Property Accountants and junior accounting staff.
- Complete involvement with all accounting and reporting functions of assigned portfolios, including reporting results internally and externally.
- Beginning to end preparation and review of monthly financial statements as prescribed by the operating agreement.
- Prepare monthly property reporting packages incorporating data from Legal, Construction, Leasing, Asset Management and Property Management.
- Develop, maintain and provide information to Asset Management, Acquisitions/dispositions, and any other related parties.
- Interact with counterparts of DLC’s joint venture partners in the presentation of financial reports, information and inquires.
- Work with the JV Property Accountants to fully understand significant operation related events, such as but not limited to, tenant turnover, TI, Capex, and other material expenditures or changes to current and future expectations.
- Review general ledger and trial balances for completeness and accuracy.
- Responsible for cash flow and budget management of assigned entities, including but not limited to, current and future cash projections. This also includes working with the Controller, Construction Management and Property Management on lender and/or self-funding of expenditures. Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Interact and maintain communication with lenders and prepare lender debt compliance of portfolio properties as well as legacy entities as assigned.
- Participate in the review and preparation of annual budgets.
- Work with outside auditors to complete annual audits and tax returns including the preparation of annual financial statements.
- Work with cash receipts clerk to ensure receipts are applied properly and timely. Also, assist clerk with collection efforts, as needed.
- Prepare and review annual tenant reconciliations of common area maintenance, tax and insurance escrow. Follow up with tenants on collections of these amounts, specifically national tenants that require supporting documentation the clerks generally cannot provide.
- Prepare tenant billings. Bill monthly rent charges, verifying all changes from the prior months’ charges and manual billings, as needed.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-4 years of experience in public accounting.
- 2-4 years of experience preparing financial statements.
- Previous experience in audit and tax-preferred.
- Be able to work within set time constraints and strictly adhere to and be aware of deadlines and due dates.
- Ability to multi-task and be able to simultaneously manage multiple portfolios and/or entities.
- Must have strong analytical capabilities to prepare and present variance analysis both internally and externally.
- Knowledge and understanding of all accounting functions of the company.