Who We Are:
We are a growing best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for all of our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS. Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
What is #SUCCESS? DLC defines #success as working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable, enjoyable place to work. The successful candidate will embrace and embody this culture and strive for collaboratively successful outcomes.
Working at DLC:
DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to Work. This designation was granted based on employee feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace. At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus and our employees are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference.
About The Role:
The Estimator will be part of DLC’s Construction team on all preconstruction efforts and provide support to Leasing, Project Management, Project Administration & Project Coordination.
- Support all leasing deals from LOI, to estimate, to lease, through rent commencement
- Support all acquisition deals from due diligence, to closing, through lease up
- Generate due diligence reports and existing conditions surveys
- Provide LOD drawings in partnership with consultants
- Provide schematic and design development support with and without consultant involvement
- Manage and provide precedent analysis data and feedback
- Provide ‘Good Working Order’ estimates
- Provide conceptual estimates based on precedent analysis, cost per sq. ft, historical cost data and contractor feedback
- Provide scope reduction Analysis / Cost Savings / Value Engineering
- Provide schedules for construction, development/milestones and phasing
- Provide feasibility site logistics studies
- Manage CRM and MRI budget approval process in partnership with Project Coordination & Administration
- Participate in preparing bids and bid leveling and review packages once submitted
- Participate and collaborate in negotiation process for contracts for architects, GC’s and engineers
- Participate in negotiation process for change order requests
- Manage all preconstruction matters and act as liaison for Leasing Property Management and Acquisitions
- Establish and maintain relationships with existing and new tenants, as well as architects, engineers and contractors
- Manage and review tenant improvement package submissions
- Proactively participate in Vendor sourcing and prequalification process
- Manage historical cost database, change order database and CM fees
Our Next Estimator:
- Finds a consistent steady pace boring, and loves to move fast and pivot often
- Collaborates with and motivates others
- Consummate team player and thrives working with others
- Positive, can-do attitude, optimistic
- Customer centric
- Confident and assertive, yet humble and respectful, i.e. able to act with persuasion and respect and humility simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong communication, problem avoidance and problem solving skills
- Long term thinker who is able to quickly grasp the big picture needs
- Self-sufficient with a strong sense of urgency and able to prioritize
- Advanced to expert Excel & Estimating software skills, intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office, MS Project, Adobe Acrobat Pro, etc.
"*" indicates required fields