Who We Are:
We are a growing best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for all of our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS—working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable and enjoyable place to work.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
At DLC, we are passionate, highly entrepreneurial and we have grit. We strive to achieve what some may think is impossible. Our success has allowed our portfolio and our team to expand and we are now on a search to find a Director of Redevelopment to join our Redevelopment team.
Working at DLC:
DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to Work. This designation, which we earned 3 years in a row, was granted based on employee feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus and our employees are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference. For an inside look into our company culture, check out: https://youtu.be/Oi7bziPlkB0.
About The Role:
The Director of Redevelopment is an instrumental part of the newly created Redevelopment team. Working alongside our Chief Operating Officer and collaborating with teammates across various disciplines (Asset Management, Construction Management, Leasing, Property Management, Legal and Transactions) the Director will strategically lead the entire redevelopment process from identifying opportunities for redevelopment to securing all governmental approvals to project delivery.
- Identify opportunities for redevelopment within DLC’s portfolio
- Conduct market research to assess market demand
- Propose redevelopment strategy and manage the execution of that strategy for all projects
- Collaborate with Leasing and Construction teams to create a concept design
- Lead design process and select a team of outside consultants (architects, engineers, etc.) and manage them during the concept design phase
- Build project pro forma and development models through collaboration process with Asset Management, Leasing and Construction.
- Strategize on governmental approvals and run the process to attain all governmental approvals
- Prepare and maintain redevelopment budgets and cash flows
- Find tenants for redevelopment projects where a zone change would be required (with or without a broker)
- Interface and correspond with city officials
- Monitor schedules to ensure the project development strategy is being executed
- Interface with and provide project updates to all external partners on our JV properties
What you’ll need:
- At least 10 years of experience in related areas (prior experience with shopping centers preferred)
- Unquestioned integrity and reputation
- Extreme hunger- you do more than what’s required
- High level of emotional intelligence with the ability to connect with others
- A great deal of humility and puts the team first
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Client (both internal and external) focused; respectful in all interactions
- Ability to adapt easily to change and pivot when necessary
- Ability to be creative and see past problems to solutions or see opportunity where others do not
- Fantastic communication skills and ability to report financial information seamlessly
- Embody and promote DLC’s collaborative #Success culture both internally and externally
- Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders and pro-actively anticipate their needs
- Passion for leading projects
- Able to travel on a regular basis
- Strong and proficient financial and analytical skills