At DLC Management Corporation we are passionate about unleashing human potential to unlock value at our properties. Do you thrive on challenging the status quo and exceeding expectations?
We pride ourselves on being a highly effective team of real estate professionals who consistently identify creative solutions to challenging situations. Our recent success has allowed our portfolio and operations to expand and now we’re on a mission to find the next great Director of Leasing. We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to go the extra mile, has a passion for deal-making, and a desire to develop skills and knowledge.
We live, eat, and breathe the DLC #Success culture. #Success at DLC is working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable, and enjoyable place to work.
Currently our Bethesda, Maryland team is on the hunt for that ideal candidate that fits our collaborative #Success culture. We seek a candidate who can establish a strategic leasing plan for critical properties throughout DLC’s national portfolio, and focus the majority of his/her time on executing that plan by aggressively acquiring new tenants for key spaces.
The Big Picture:
- Collaborate with other departments to execute deals from start to finish – daily coordination with property management, construction, and legal departments
- Embody and promote DLC’s collaborative #Success culture both internally and externally
- Execute business plans for assigned properties and surpass leasing budgets
- Facilitate expeditious execution of often complex lease deals
- Detect and implement non-traditional approaches to add value
- Create and maintain strong relationships with tenants and brokers
- Be an expert on the industry and assigned markets
The Day to Day:
- Proactively seek new tenants by cold calling, warm calling, in person canvassing, and other marketing initiatives
- Maintain database of tenants and regularly communicate leasing opportunities with them
- Utilize social media to provide the real estate community with relevant content and to share opportunities in our shopping centers
- Qualify potential tenants
- Negotiate lease terms including, but not limited to rent, term, extra charges, and construction allowances
- Attend leasing conventions and other industry events to represent DLC and its properties
- Lead portfolio reviews at retailer offices
Our Next Director of Leasing:
- Three to 10 years of retail leasing experience
- Proven deal sheet; deep understanding of deal structures
- Existing tenant and broker relationships
- Pro negotiator and closer
- Skilled communicator
- Problem solver
- All right with frequent travel
- Efficient multitasker
- Ideal team player
- Strong technical aptitude
- Coachable – eager to grow and learn
- Perseverant and positive attitude
Sound like you? Let’s talk.