At DLC Management Corporation we are a best in class team that empowers, enriches, and measures human potential to unlock value at our properties. Do you thrive on challenging the status quo and exceeding expectations?
We pride ourselves on being a highly effective team of real estate professionals who consistently identify creative solutions to challenging situations. Our success has allowed our portfolio and operations to expand and now we’re on a mission to add a prodigious Construction Accountant. We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to go the extra mile, has a passion for real estate accounting, and a desire to cross develop their skills in construction management.
We are inspired by the DLC #Success culture. #Success at DLC is working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable, and enjoyable place to work.
Currently our Construction team is on the hunt for that ideal candidate that fits our collaborative #Success culture. We seek a candidate who can take on the construction departments project administrator roles as well as be the construction liaison to our accounting, asset management, and transaction teams.
The Big Picture:
- Thrive in an environment where every day is different
- Fantastic communication skills and ability to report financial information seamlessly
- Embody and promote DLC’s collaborative #Success culture both internally and externally
- Crushes deadlines, unafraid to take on more, and has a passion for coming in ahead of schedule
- The capacity to adapt to change with confidence
- Looks for inefficiencies and ways to improve
- Curious to learn, asks questions and challenges the status quo or what might appear “off”
The Day to Day:
- Review vendor pre-qualification packages
- Prepare, review, distribute, and level out bid packages
- Review 3rdparty consultant contracts
- Handle the change order request process
- Compare actuals to budget numbers on projects to find variances. Enter budgets into MRI system.
- Review and track certificates of insurance.
- Process applications for payment, invoices, and lien waivers
- Review all project close out information
- Complete lender draw packages
- Learns nuances of lender requirements
- Track and report all construction management fees
- Generate and distribute all construction related financial reporting
- Manage job cost in MRI (Internal accounting software)
Our Construction Accountant:
- 0-3 years accounting, construction accounting, or project administration experience preferred.Will train someone out of college
- Proven deal sheet; deep understanding of deal structures, will train
- Skilled communicator
- A passion for problem solving
- Thrives in environments with tight deadlines
- A true multi-tasker who doesn’t get discouraged when priorities shift
- Ideal team player
- Coachable – eager to grow and learn
- Perseverant and positive attitude
- Customer centric
Sound like you? Let’s talk.