Who We Are:
We are a growing best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for all of our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS—working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable and enjoyable place to work.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
Working at DLC:
DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to Work. This designation, which we earned 3 years in a row, was granted based on employee feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace. At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus and our employees are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference.
About The Role:
The Construction Accountant is an instrumental part of the Construction team and will be responsible for accounting for all ongoing construction projects.
- Analyze and review construction status with Project/Construction Managers. Direct and participate in cost analyses based on budgets or pro forma.
- Facilitating invoices, organizing documentation, and ensuring project billings that are issued are collected or paid.
- Manage project cash flow
- Participate in the formation and implementation of annual project budgets and forecasting
- Preparation of lender draw requests as well as reviewing and processing Tenant Improvement Allowances
- Prepare monthly property reports encompassing data from legal, construction and operations groups for Senior Management
- Develop, implement, and maintain construction management system, including setting up projects (jobs), budgets, job costs, cost codes, contracts, change orders, purchase orders, and various construction progress reports
- Act as a liaison between internal departments (Accounting, Finance, Acquisitions, Legal, etc.) as well with outside vendors
- Work with project management staff ensuring proper compliance with accounting procedures including reviewing and analyzing job cost estimates and reports monthly.
- Develop written accounting procedures for the operations staff and work with team to ensure proper implementation and compliance.
Strategic Initiative Responsibilities:
- Creating new accounting/operations procedures to prepare and manage rapidly growing entity and evolving business structure.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key partners that will support and grow the business
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
Our Ideal Candidate:
- You love accounting. You love real estate. You couldn’t decide what to do, so you decided to keep the best of both worlds, and for the last 2-3 years you have been a real estate or construction accountant.
- Understanding construction contracts is 2nd nature to you
- Excel Wizard
- Strong systems experience – MRI, Nexus and Pro Core are all a plus!
- Overall, you love the numbers but also fast paced nature of the industry – you can pivot, adapt but remain in a constant state of organization and detail.