Careers at DLC
Assistant Property Manager
Who We Are:
We are a growing, best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs. At DLC, we strongly believe in Entrepreneurial Citizenship. You are here to succeed, but you also know that the greatest rewards demand that every teammate works together to help one another succeed. Your role is critical, as are those of your teammates, but we will all accomplish far more helping each other as a team than acting as individuals. We are looking for new teammates who are:
- Genuine – You are self-confident, but you don’t have an ego. You act with integrity, and you treat everyone around you with respect. You celebrate your team’s collective wins over your own, and you recognize the contributions and successes of your teammates.
- Agile – You move quickly, easily, and flexibly in response to changing situations and the needs of your clients and teammates. When a situation can be improved, you are first in line to facilitate the needed changes.
- Curious – You are innately curious with a strong desire to learn and know. You always take the time to ask thoughtful questions because you constantly want to achieve more.
- Resilient – You overcome and quickly bounce back from setbacks. You help your teammates get back on track when they are knocked down, and you learn from and welcome similar help from those around you.
- Unstoppable – You welcome challenges, and you do not give up when a situation looks bleak or unsolvable. You know there are critical times when the only way to achieve optimal results is by committing to and taking the necessary extra steps.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
Human Capital is our main focus and our teammates are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference. DLC Management Corp. has been proudly certified a Great Place to Work. This designation, which we earned 6 years in a row, was granted based on teammate feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
About the Role:
Looking for a hands-on training program in Property Management? DLC Management is searching for our next Assistant Property Manager to join the team. This is a great opportunity for you to learn about Property Management and the Commercial Real Estate business from the ground up. We will give you the tools and training to develop you into becoming a future Property Manager and grow your skillset!
What You’ll Do:
- Learn how commercial retail properties work by assisting in the day-to-day management of multiple properties. Help identify maintenance needs and how to maintain property standards.
- Provide support to the Property Management team including but not limited to assisting with all forms of correspondence, research, and updating departmental processes and procedures.
- Manage and review department invoices, maintenance requests, and insurance certificates.
- Plan, review, manage and execute property budgets.
- Anticipate future needs by being proactive to avoid future unneeded expenses.
- Review and negotiate contracts for services provided to the properties and ensure contracts are executed as agreed upon.
- Work with the Property Management team to prepare reports as required.
- Develop a technical skillset to support operations of commercial retail properties.
- Handle onsite issues that require immediate attention.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Highly efficient, organized, and resourceful with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Efficient communicator and team-player who will successfully engage with all levels of the organization cross-departmentally and with external parties
- Confident in making decisions under pressure and able to think on your feet.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to learn new systems.
- Ability to travel and relocate in the future, based on company needs.
"*" indicates required fields