Who We Are:
We are a growing best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for all our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS—working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable, and enjoyable place to work.
DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to Work. This designation, which we earned 5 years in a row, was granted based on employee feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace. At DLC, Human Capital is our focus, and our teammates are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it is the people who make the difference. For an inside look into our company culture, check out: https://youtu.be/Oi7bziPlkB0.
About the Role:
Looking for a hands-on training program in Property Management? DLC Management is searching for our next Assistant Property Manager to join the team. This is a great opportunity for you to learn about Property Management and the Commercial Real Estate business from the ground up. We will give you the tools and training to develop you into becoming a future Property Manager and grow your skillset!
What You’ll Do:
- Learn how commercial retail properties work by assisting in the day-to-day management of multiple properties. Help identify maintenance needs and how to maintain property standards.
- Provide support to the Property Management team including but not limited to assisting with all forms of correspondence, research, and updating departmental processes and procedures.
- Manage and review department invoices, maintenance requests, and insurance certificates.
- Plan, review, manage and execute property budgets.
- Anticipate future needs by being proactive to avoid future unneeded expenses.
- Review and negotiate contracts for services provided to the properties and ensure contracts are executed as agreed upon.
- Work with the Property Management team to prepare reports as required.
- Develop a technical skillset to support operations of commercial retail properties.
- Handle onsite issues that require immediate attention.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Highly efficient, organized, and resourceful with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Efficient communicator and team-player who will successfully engage with all levels of the organization cross-departmentally and with external parties
- Confident in making decisions under pressure and able to think on your feet.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to learn new systems.