Who We Are:
We are a growing best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for all our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS—working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable, and enjoyable place to work.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators, and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions. Our invaluable, in-house expertise delivers excellence in all facets of real estate improvements including: Leasing, Property Management, Acquisitions and Dispositions, Development, Third Party Services and Outsourced Retailer Services.
Working at DLC:
DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to Work. This designation, which we earned 3 years in a row, was granted based on employee feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace. At DLC, Human Capital is our focus, and our employees are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it is the people who make the difference. For an inside look into our company culture, check out: https://youtu.be/Oi7bziPlkB0.
The Big Picture:
• Thrive in an environment where every day is different
• Fantastic communication skills and ability to report financial information seamlessly
• Embody and promote DLC’s collaborative #Success culture both internally and externally
• Crushes deadlines, unafraid to take on more, and has a passion for coming in ahead of schedule & on or under budget
• The capacity to adapt to change with confidence
• Looks for inefficiencies and ways to improve
• Curious to learn, asks questions and challenges the status quo or what might appear “off”
The Day to Day:
• Manage: project status reporting and approvals; contracts, change orders, insurance certificates, invoices and applications for payments; and warranty matters
• Support project lease executions, accountable through project closeout
• Foster and enhance relationships with clients (tenants), architects, engineers, and contractors as well as internal teammates
• Proactively participate in Vendor sourcing and prequalification process
• Support department CM Fees and CRM budget approval processes
• Initiate Trade permit process
• Develop and distribute RFIs, RFP’s and Bids
• Ensure all documents are up to date and accurate
• Record and distribute meeting minutes for subcontractor, coordination, and internal meetings
• Analyze and resolve work problems; Trouble-shoot and solve problems in collaboration with the project team
• Update all systems associated with each project – includes MRI and Pro Core, etc.
• Prepare the master construction program schedule, as well as milestone and phasing schedules
• Prepare bid lists, scope descriptions, bid criteria, responsibility schedules; Review bid packages for completeness & accuracy and level bids
• Manage Change Order review and negotiation process. Support Change Order database in partnership with Project Administration. Work with consultants and Preconstruction to mitigate trending/reoccurring Change Orders
Our Next Assistant Project Manager:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, or Architecture preferred, but not required.
• Highly motivated, service-oriented self-starter with an outstanding work ethic
• Proactive, energetic, creative disposition, capable of solving problems with resourcefulness
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills both written and verbal
• Customer service centric
• Ability to work independently but also thrive working with others in a team environment
• Ability to perform well under pressure and deliver results under tight deadlines
• Takes initiative, deadline driven and superb follow up and follow through
• Basic knowledge of project structure in a construction environment
• Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets and other engineering software.