Who We Are:
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
We are a growing best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for all of our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS, working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable, enjoyable place to work.
Working at DLC:
DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to Work. This designation was granted based on employee feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace. At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus and our employees are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference.
Our Accounting team is currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Clerk to join our HQ office in Elmsford, NY. You will be responsible for a broad range of cash application and accounts receivable functions, providing overall business support for the portfolio of properties managed by our Company.
- Apply daily cash and post to ledger
- Assist in monthly invoicing to tenants
- Analyze accounts receivable aging and make collection calls as necessary for delinquencies in rent payments
- Update collection notes in accounting software as needed
- Work closely with individual property accountants in resolving invoice discrepancies, and researching tenant payments
- Assist in the preparation of annual Common Area Maintenance, Real Estate Tax, and Insurance reconciliation billings
- Communicate with legal department and property management to resolve outstanding tenant delinquencies
- Assist with updating required tenant sales and insurance reporting
- Provide weekly update to property accountants and managers on areas of concern regarding collections
- Filing and organizing accounting and tenant related documents
- Other accounting administrative duties as delegated
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Undergraduate degree. Major or minor in Accounting a plus
- Experience with cash application, accounts receivable and collections a plus
- Knowledge of MRI accounting software a plus
- A keen eye for details, problem solving, prioritization and organization
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Desire to provide best-in-class customer service
- An upbeat, positive personality that fits seamlessly into our #Success culture
- Passion to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, team environment