Who We Are:
We are a growing best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs who are committed to making retail places better for all of our stakeholders. We do this by practicing #SUCCESS—working together to create a personally rewarding, productive, respectful, profitable and enjoyable place to work.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
Working at DLC:
DLC Management Corp. is a certified Great Place to Work. This designation was granted based on employee feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
At DLC, Human Capital is our main focus and our employees are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference.
For an inside look into our company culture, check out: https://youtu.be/Oi7bziPlkB0.
About the role:
The Acquisitions Analyst is an integral part of the team and will be actively involved with many facets of the acquisitions process in DLC’s growing retail CRE portfolio. The position will serve as support to the entire acquisitions and capital markets teams, providing the opportunity to work with senior management on a daily basis as well as collaborating with the asset management, construction management, property management, leasing, legal and accounting departments. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Acquisitions team in underwriting and modeling cash flow projections for new acquisitions, dispositions, recapitalizations, and refinancings utilizing Argus and Microsoft Excel
- Perform financial analyses including discounted cash flows, sensitivities, investment returns, joint-venture waterfalls, and ongoing portfolio management
- Supporting senior management with all analytical and transactional aspects of an acquisition including underwriting, due diligence, market research, financing, closing
- Keep track of US retail markets in order to formulate market leasing assumptions and appropriate cap rates from comparable sales and market data
- Assist in the drafting and preparation of detailed investment memoranda
- Help with questions and ad-hoc requests from joint venture partners and lenders.
- Assist with the review of legal related documents including leases, loan documents, management agreements, franchise agreements, etc.
- Management and tracking of the investment pipeline
What you’ll need:
- 1-3 years of full-time experience in finance, real estate, or accounting or with similar real estate underwriting skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Argus
- Basic understanding of real estate valuation methodologies including internal rates of return (IRR) and discounted cash flow analysis
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the company
- Strong analytical skills and reasoning abilities
- Willingness to take initiative and complete projects independently in a timely fashion without excessive oversight
- Outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong interest in real estate and willingness to learn
- Bachelor’s degree