Careers at DLC
Accounts Payable Administrator
Who We Are:
We are a growing, best in class team of real estate entrepreneurs. At DLC, we strongly believe in Entrepreneurial Citizenship. You are here to succeed, but you also know that the greatest rewards demand that every teammate works together to help one another succeed. Your role is critical, as are those of your teammates, but we will all accomplish far more helping each other as a team than acting as individuals. We are looking for new teammates who are:
- Genuine – You are self-confident, but you don’t have an ego. You act with integrity, and you treat everyone around you with respect. You celebrate your team’s collective wins over your own, and you recognize the contributions and successes of your teammates.
- Agile – You move quickly, easily, and flexibly in response to changing situations and the needs of your clients and teammates. When a situation can be improved, you are first in line to facilitate the needed changes.
- Curious – You are innately curious with a strong desire to learn and know. You always take the time to ask thoughtful questions because you constantly want to achieve more.
- Resilient – You overcome and quickly bounce back from setbacks. You help your teammates get back on track when they are knocked down, and you learn from and welcome similar help from those around you.
- Unstoppable – You welcome challenges, and you do not give up when a situation looks bleak or unsolvable. You know there are critical times when the only way to achieve optimal results is by committing to and taking the necessary extra steps.
Founded in 1991, DLC has been one of the nation’s preeminent owners, operators and managers of shopping centers. Our portfolio includes millions of square feet of attractive retail space and continues to expand as we complete additional acquisitions.
Human Capital is our main focus and our teammates are the single most important asset to the Company since we know it’s the people who make the difference. DLC Management Corp. has been proudly certified a Great Place to Work. This designation, which we earned 6 years in a row, was granted based on teammate feedback and places us in an elite tier above the average workplace.
About the Role:
Our Accounting team is looking for an Accounts Payable Administrator. You will be an instrumental team-player and will be responsible for:
- Processing and managing of Accounts Payable using the accounting software and other programs
- Ensuring all bills are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to corporate policies & procedures
- Handling Accounts Payable for separate entities and vendors
- Processing transactions and performing accounting duties such as account maintenance, recording entries, and reconciling account books
- Researching and resolving a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons
- Recording and depositing accounts receivable payments into the management company’s bank accounts
- Managing of all vendors including new vendor setup and regular vendor maintenance while adhering to corporate policies & procedures
- Acting as the administrator of the Nexus software
- Assisting with monthly status reports, accruals, and the monthly closing process
- Providing supporting documentation for year-end audits
- Reviewing employee travel and entertainment expenses through the Concur system and recording entries to the General Ledger
- Maintaining entity income tax payment tracking schedules
- Preparing monthly sales tax and quarterly income tax payments & correspondence
- Preparing year-end 1099s
- Assisting with Ad Hoc projects
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2 to 4 Year Accounting Degree
- Prior accounts payable or bookkeeping experience in a small-medium sized accounting firm
- Proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software: MRI, Nexus (or similar) knowledge a plus
- Detail-oriented, strong analytical skills, and highly organized with the ability to multitask
- Strong decision-making ability
- Ability to prioritize and meet applicable deadlines
"*" indicates required fields